Stumped on a point type.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped on a point type.

Here is a cool little obsidian point. From an old Oregon collection. Probably from the southeast of oregon. Any way i am just curious of a possible point type. Im having some trouble fonding similar types from the west. Thank you for any help you amazing folks on here can provide.

Welcome to arrowheads.com, lookdown! We're glad to have you here and we hope you stick around. We've got some members from out your way that are very knowledgeable. I'm not from your area but I'm going to take a poke at identifying your item. I've done some looking at typology and it can be hard to identify an item based off of one picture but from what I'm seeing I'd offer gatecliff, or gypsum cave as likely types. I'm sure others will be along to offer opinions as well.
    Last edited by Broken Arrow; 10-09-2018, 02:21 AM.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

OOOOOO WEEEEEE! that sure is a beauty

cant help with the i.d.,but i sure do like it

Comment

Originally posted by sneakygroundbuzzard View Post
        OOOOOO WEEEEEE! that sure is a beauty

cant help with the i.d.,but i sure do like it
        You took the words right out of my mouth!
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Sweet find ..welcome from the nutmeg State....
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice. I like those obsidian points
            South Dakota

Comment

Welcome Lookdown. That's a nice looking, well made point. It's out of my area, so I'm only able to offer an opinion/guess. I would agree with Broken Arrow, I can see it being a Gatecliff. Or another though, could be a Rabbit Island. Rabbit Island points usually are a little longer but some have the shape of yours and they are found in the area you suggested it was found.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Thank you all for the welcome and info! Great group of folks here!

Comment

Working...
                X