What is the best focus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best focus?

Hello, how I said in "welcome" thread, I'm a beginner, and I have not any experience.
    What skill are most essential and what I should focus on? I Also like Artifact Cards and where can I find best Artifact decks? Albion is a greatest and of easiest MMO game.
    In albion you need only some currency like Albion Silver :-) My friends and employers also respect Albion game and they buy Albion Silver all time https://odealo.com/games/albion-online
    Only real stock and Albion silver pack for sale
    Last edited by WoodstockGollum; 01-28-2019, 08:50 AM.

Welcome to the site! Your best bet is to study real examples of locally found artifacts, learn what types of lithics they were using in your area and learn how to spot “ work” on them.
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Welcome to the Arrowheads.com forum. OnewiththewilD gives you very good advice. Learn to recognize the flake scars left by the ancient knapper. I would add that if you are finding percussion flakes you are in the right area. One picture of my knapped knife will show both flake scars and the percussion flakes that were removed:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 536b.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	324626 Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 589a.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	324627 Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 592b.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	324629 Click image for larger version

Name:	Point 705a.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	324628
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are some pretty cool pictures, Ron!

• kayakaddict
        kayakaddict commented
        Editing a comment
        yea don't throw out those big chips!!
        niiiicccccce

• Tam
        Tam commented
        Editing a comment
        What a wonderful example Ron so helpful

Welcome Aboard Gregory. We're glad you joined us and hope you share your finds. Ron - you're the best. Just like show and tell in school. It's sooo much easier to identify a flake scar and percussion scar once you've seen them. Gregory - Jay makes a very basic point in starting this addiction - know your area, know your lithic and know your history. Combine those with Ron's graphic display and by ding you'll be finding points in no time. Just remember we want to see what you find and, if you can overcome the excitement of the find long enough, we really really like in situation (insitu) pictures.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

All great advice. Also take some time and read through posts in this section of the forum.
        Not having any luck? Want to know how to find a promising site? Ask away. Share your own tips and advice on where and when to look, and what to look for.

You will learn a lot from what so many have posted there.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome!

Obtain some artifacts so you can look closely at them and often i.e. buy or borrow a few.

Go to every artifact museum in your area often.

Make a friend who has some knowledge in the area. (make them a pie)

Break open some rocks and see what chips well and what doesn't, look for knapping on youtube.

Read a few books about aboriginal peoples.

Walk the land and look for good ground near water. Get dirty. Be adventurous.

Visit this site often.

Don't do anything illegal.

Where ya from?
          New Jersey

Comment

Woodstock G you have been given some expert imformation here . Like Kayak said if you give the area you are in they may have a better idea if your in fields or creeks etc .
            They can even elaborate more if that even seems possible but it is . People in your area can tell you the color of your lithics even . But I think everyone hit it on the nose with looking at the sites imformation center . That combined with what was just given to you has you on your way .
            Dont forget to share your first finds !

Comment

Working...
            X