No announcement yet.

Texas members - Chrisners Ranch status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas members - Chrisners Ranch status?

After a wet summer and 2 hurricanes, everything here in central NC is under water, covered with weeds/poison ivy or guarded by clouds of voracious mosquitos! Might be time for a trip to sunny Texas. Does anyone know if Chrisners Ranch still allows hunting? I left VM and sent an e-mail but no reply. Any news appreciated!
    Central North Carolina

Update, in case anyone else is also interested - I called the Chrisners number again and had a great conversation with Mary. She confirmed they are open 7 days a week from 7 AM - 7 PM. $40 per person per day. I told her I hope to be there in a few weeks!
    Central North Carolina

Comment

Long drive from Tampa Bay but I've always pondered a pay dig in Texas..... !!!!!!! I think that is a great price. How do they run their operation? It amazes me. No such thing in FL what a shame. And hey what part of TX? I have kin in Spring, TX
      They supply screens? Bobcat in the soil? Self dig? Thx WOI!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• HikerGalNC
        HikerGalNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there! Here is a good link with more info, http://www.austindiggers.com/chrisnersranch.html . It's a surface hunt/hand dig ranch with multiple sites. From talking with Mary, you must bring everything you'll need with you. Also recommended is a higher clearance vehicle if possible (for some areas, not all). They're in Moody TX, not far from Waco/Temple. I'll let you know what I think when I get back!

Thanks for that info HGNC. I'll be visiting friends in Texas soon and I just might take a closeup look at their operation. Sounds very interesting.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That actually sound appealing to me as well...but Man that’s long drive in my jeep...
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
        X