Bannerstone sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bannerstone sizes

I am working on a project on bannerstones, and I need some help. I see lots of variety's of bannerstones out there, but rarely any size comparison. Sometimes I see pics of them in peoples hands, but the their hands could be big or small depending on the person. Do you have any good pics? I would like to see the smallest bannerstones possible.

In case your wondering about the project, you'll just have to wait and see. :-)
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Looking forward to your latest endeavor KP. Most that I have seen are relative in size. Im guessing that they all had the same general use...guessing that is I have never held one on my hands though. That is a bucket lister for me. Im sure that you will get the pics and scale that you seek. Post up pics of the project. I would like to see it.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I have just decided to go with what I have. Just for curiosity's sake, lets just see some bannerstones anyway.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have my books/relics handy while I am overseas, but Gordon Meuser put together an amazing frame of miniature hardstone items. Some of the tube bannerstones were probably just beads, but the bulk of the bannerstones were clearly made as bannerstones.

I have one of the panel bannerstones from the frame that is less than 1.5 inches wing to wing. The hole is nearly regular size, so it was probably a functioning bannerstone back in the day.

My largest is almost 7 inches wing to wing, but I have a broken wing bannerstone that is almost 5 inches from tip to where it broke through the hole, so it likely would have been in the 10 inch wide range.

Joshua
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I wish I was able to help you out but haven’t been that lucky. I guess finding one of those is like hitting the lottery.

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            So very true. But people have found them, and it's only a matter of time before one of us gets that lucky!

• MidTennHunter
            MidTennHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I hope your right!
        Working...
        X