No announcement yet.

How to identify and classify these 2 points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill...well I had the best intentions on reading the blog you mentioned, but when I was going down thru the names....I saw yours and had to check it out. I enjoyed it immensely and could relate to everything you said.... particularly the part about having so many rocks around the house and about the black plastic...it drives me crazzzzy too.
      I am a rockhound by heart, hubby would tell ya I've got rocks in my head.. but this is not true. When we go looking for arrowheads, there are many times if a piece is covered with mud... I will just throw it in my bag and then when I get home... I dump them in one of my flower beds or around our pool to let the rain wash them off.
    One day after a brief rain shower, I was working in my flowers and glanced down and saw a broken arrowhead and then another and another. So don't you know I worked all day gathering them all back up in 5 gal. buckets until I could find the time to go thru them properly.
    You would not believe how many nice points I found mixed in with my rocks...several were unbroken ones and I even found a geniune indian bead (not like the ones I posted before). LOL
    Just wanted to let you know you made my day with your blog.   
      jane

Comment

*Sigh*
          If yall are really in need of a way to keep track of your finds, I guess ill have to get around to writing a computer program for yall to catalog finds easily
      Anyone be interested in something like that?

Comment

Heck yeah...you know that we would!!!:silly: That would be wonderful! Just curious would it be divided into point types and then maybe area/region found and last but not least material types?
        Think we need to have a class on material types...don't you? Sure would clear things up.
        jane

Comment

Working...
        X