Found in Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found in Missouri

Found in Jackson County, Mo, in a creek bed. Finally found a good one! The stem is broke off, but still nice! It is almost exactly 1” wide and 3” tall (base would have made it longer of course). Any gurus see any particular flaking type or have any idea how old/spear point/blade, etc? Thanks a lot!
    Jackson County, Mo

A shame about the base. Love the flaking on that critter.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Anyone's guess, good find and I'd say at least Archaic but maybe older.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

You all have Scottsbuff points in Missouri and you could look at some examples of those, the base is almost as wide as point and looks like yours would have been also. You can see examples of the point in projectile point identification guide on web. Your point has flaking similar to that point.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Eastern
          Eastern commented
          Editing a comment
          You are right, it really does look like a Scottsbuff type point! I appreciate yours and all who responded!

• clovisoid
          clovisoid commented
          Editing a comment
          Good call.

Score !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Very nice piece. Looks like oblique parallel or even transverse flaking. It's not in your area but looks a lot like an Elk river without the base.
          Central Ohio

Comment

The flaking does resemble a Scotty. The range of those points is tremendous covering thousands of miles. Nice find man and its an oldie also...
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Looks kinda like oblique flaking to some degree. Well made. Killer find!!

Comment

Working...
              X