A few frames...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few frames...

These frames belonged to my late Mother in Law. She was just a wonderful woman and was very fond of Native American art and deco. These are a few frames that she had assembled over the years. I have no idea on the origins of these pieces or if they were bought as frames or individually. One of the pieces has Pike Co, IL written on it but who knows for sure? I have long thought that many of these are modern but I never said anything. The value of these frames goes way beyond authenticity or monetary. I just wanted to get some feedback from you folks here. I know that the knowledge here on this site regarding this matter is very good and I trust it. I know that the frame with the small points is a bit blurry. Thanks for your opinions in advance. Again I'm only asking for general knowledge purposes as these frames will never have a price tag on them.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Thanks for sharing Those. Th 3rd Frame gives Me better vibes than The other 2.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I wouldn't know. They all look very nice. It's great to see that you still have it, and it's not changing hands.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Tough call based on two dimensional photos. Would enjoy looking at those in hand.
        The big white Dovetail on the left in the first frame looks spooky though. The surface looks flat like it was made from a slab. Many appear to be nice points though.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• BabaORiley
          BabaORiley commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I agree Greg. That one always jumped out at me as being modern as well...thanks for your input...

Morning Frank. Those frames are really cool ...what a family heirloom..I'm liking the bottom frame a lot for ancient points....what a mother-in-law she was....cool post man
        SW Connecticut

Comment

All of them look pretty authentic. Hard to tell if their legit or not until ya place them in your hand with a scrutinizing eye.

Comment

Working...
          X