Cody Complex Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody Complex Point?

Posting some better pictures for L-man and for anyone else interested. This point was found in Williamson county Tx. It is ground at least 1/3 of the way up the base and has been called a half dozen types. Anybody that wishes to chime in feel free.

Nice point, just a little out of my range to find one of those.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That's a sweet find man
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice one! It is out of My Area but if I had to pick between Scottsbluff,Eden and Firstview I would go with Eden.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks for the pics HD. I know it’s tough to get really good pics of the point. I’ve said my piece on the subject. It is outstanding ! I’ve looked for 45 years and only have fragments of such a artifact. I hope in your life you will find another or more.
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            Also I’d like to mention that Hester who IS a fantastic Archeologist who is and has been working on obsidian hydration dating of paleo artifacts.
            So, if someone finds a paleo obsidian artifact,Hester would like to chase it back to its quarry and date it too. There are drawbacks to this as UC Berkeley will take a small slice of the artifact to examine. I’ve worked with Hester on this and did so for science..My artifact was chased back to Toledo Cerro obsidian quarry in NM. That is out west of the Trinity test site.

• Holedigger
            Holedigger commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks. And yes it was terrible trying to get good pictures.

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            There is a reason that it is tough to take good pics..

I would say Scottsbluff, man that is the true definition of a heart breaker!!
          east Tx.

Comment

Nice old point .

Comment

When you originally posted this point I had never heard of a St. Marys Hall. I had to look into it. Now I know why, it only occurs in that small pocket in Texas and I'm out of your area. I can see why others think it's a Scotts pluff, but after looking into the St marys point, I can definity see why some would think it is that type. The flaking, the dimensions, the location fits perfectly. Tough call. The good news is...it's old and a great find no matter which variant it turns out to be.
              Central Ohio

Comment

• Holedigger
                Holedigger commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks. I have never really concerned myself too much with the type. The flaking tells me enough about the age to keep me happy. It’s amazing the variation I get from people trying to type it, I’m sure it would give the native that made it a good laugh.

• flintguy
                flintguy commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. All the fuss over a slight difference in some styles. Seems like folly at times.

Looks Cody complex to me. Excellent find
              South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Holedigger View Post
                Anybody that wishes to chime in feel free.
                Very nice point..
                You asked "Cody Complex Point?"
                The oblique transverse flaking suggests it is something other than a Cody Complex piece.

Comment

This may have been asked/answered already, but I’m slow and also not very smart....where did you find it?

Its absolutely beautiful...
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Holedigger
                    Holedigger commented
                    Editing a comment
                    In the Georgetown Texas area

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks.
                    I’m fairly familiar with Texas, but had to google that.👍
                Working...
                X