Hi all, Help with trade to ID possible original point. Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, Help with trade to ID possible original point. Thanks

The seller of my point said they would trade even up for one of these 5 points. I was wondering if you guys could take a look and see one that looks like it may be a real artifact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OMG
    if your having to ask this question , just send the first point back and deal with someone else Sir ! I said I’d help you with your project , that meant a no cost situation , I might add that in helping you with your class, there will be no question as to authentic ......JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Number 3 looks to be the most complete point. That would be the one I would choose
      South Dakota

Comment

Hey Ed, take jj up on his offer. You won’t be disappointed! He’s very knowledgeable
        South Dakota

Comment

They look good to me.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Where are they from Kentucky?
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• Broken Arrow
              Broken Arrow commented
              Editing a comment
              They sure look like Kentucky or Illinois lithics. We get alot of that material here in Missouri. If I had to guess, I'd say they were Missouri pieces.

I'd go with #3 as well. Are these online purchases or antique store buys?
            Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

From the store here, I think I am passing for now. Getting some help from one of the members.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindenmeier-Man View Post
                OMG
                if your having to ask this question , just send the first point back and deal with someone else Sir ! I said I’d help you with your project , that meant a no cost situation , I might add that in helping you with your class, there will be no question as to authentic ......JJ
                I received the package today. Thank you so much. It was way more help than I expected. In just the first few min. of holding these I could see some pieces I had picked up were in fact scrapers and blades. I can not thank you enough for the help. You are a scholar and a Gentleman.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                  Lindenmeier-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hope it made it with intact artifacts, packed as well as I could. Should be a good start on the project .....JJ

JJ nothing broken. Its an excellent start. It really helps having tactile things to hold and see close up. Now that I see them, my photos I posted on some things I found did not show them and were misidentified. What was thought to be a core was in fact a hide scraper. Thanks a million again.

Comment

Working...
                X