Click image for larger version

Name:	side 2 12pxls .jpg
Views:	187
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	352693 Click image for larger version

Name:	edge 11 pxls .jpg
Views:	189
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	352694 Click image for larger version  Name:	side 1  12 pxls  .jpg Views:	1 Size:	182.2 KB ID:	352687 Hi. I recently found this site and really appreciate the expertise found here. Twenty some years ago I found quite a few Indian relics in the middle of Baja California, Mexico along the Sea of Cortez shore. I have enjoyed them on my wall but have never researched them. I am now thinking of selling them and bought the recent Official Overstreet Indian Arrowheads book. Seems like this dovetail spearhead is quite exceptional and I would like your observations about it. Size is 9 &1/4 by 2&15/16. I found it in the sand after a hurricane within inches of the other items in the pic. Seems like a cache. Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited by Jim Bee; 02-24-2019, 01:10 PM.

Last two photos did not show for me
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have uploaded a couple new pics. Now, have to figure out how to remove non functioning ones.

• willjo
      willjo commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are really nice but out of my area of identification

I'd say it's exceptional. It would have made my day - hell, it would have made my year.

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      It made my whole hunting life.

very nice I don't think it's a dove tail. Looks Mexican
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, I see what you mean. Maybe more of a corner notched form --but not quite that neither.

Not looking like a dove to me either base is wrong. Beautiful piece though can’t tell the type
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your input. Kind of between a corner notched and stemmed form I guess.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      If I found it here in Georgia I might think Adena but most of mine are

Very nice knife. I doubt you will get enough to offset your loss of a beautiful point.
    South Dakota

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Gary, for your feedback. I will certainly miss my collection but I am getting older now and my kids have little interest in it.

Holy Smokes that is a nice grab man....Whoa!...those pieces all in one look...wow...that's a moment in time...Maybe want to keep them. That's quite a moment.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Jim Bee
      Jim Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      It was a moment I will never forget! I saw an orange mother stone on the sand then found the others stacked under it. On top was the flake, then knife, broken point, whole one, then the big one. What a rush!!!
      I went back to show the guy that introduced me to arrow heading and he was blown away.

Did you post those 10 or 15 years ago on another forum (Prosbb?) I remember seeing a group remarkably similar to that.

I'd say they are spectacular/exceptional/amazing. The type is typical of Baja California, probably a bit more common from down around the La Paz area from my experience than from central Baja. I don't know the name for them. The smaller ones seem to be actual tools, the large bifaces are probably display blades like some of their cousins in California created. (Wealth Blades.)

Joshua
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Thanks Joshua!. I have never shown them before, other than on my wall. I think tomorrow I will post some of the others I found there just to put things into perspective. They are better quality than the large one.
      I found them near Mulege (Punta Chivato) if you are familiar with the area.

Comment

Jim,

Nice, I've driven through there on my way south but never really stopped in that area. I'd love to see the other pieces you found. Good stuff!

Joshua
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Jim Bee
          Jim Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          I am not sure how to post other photos. Add to this thread or start another and, if so where? If you will be traveling to the Baja, I can give fairly good directions about where I would find relics. It has been a long time since I was there though. I would love to know how it has changed. There was a woman there (Pam) who was really into collecting. No matter where I went I would find her ATV tracks. I suspect it would be much better hunting if she is no longer there.
          Last edited by Jim Bee; 02-26-2019, 11:24 AM.

I posted photos of other artifacts I found in baja under Native American Arrowheads & Other Lithic Artifacts

Comment

Working...
        X