Did like you guys said.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did like you guys said.

I found a store front that deals in artifacts. The guy is the one who started the show in NWA that comes up in May. He gave me some tips and sold me this group for 30 bucks. Local stuff. He takes his girl friend out hunting the creeks. He is very old school so does not do the internet.

That’s good Tim. On the other hand you need to experience for yourself the act of finding artifacts... There is nothing like making the arch across time from a person perhaps thousands of years ago to your hand. Then, the questions will start. Did this person have a family / children ? What was their name ? What were they thinking? What did they look like ? What type animal was upon their mind ? On and on , and so the search goes on...... JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Nothing wrong with buying but when you start finding your own it’s a whole different feeling. Good luck
      NW Georgia,

Comment

That's great to purchase some local artifacts to have an in hand example of what you might in your area it helps you to learn exactly what the lithic types look like up close, good score!

Comment

Rock, that was my intention. The more I get hands on the more I learn that I have tossed things that were in fact artifacts. But that is part of the learning curve. Plus I am making connections to some local good hunters.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            When I 1st started finding things I just thought you could find them all the time and actually gave away some good things thinking I could find more. I miss them now and haven’t been able to replace them since. Always keep anything you might be something put them in a bucket or box. Then go back after a year or so and look. I did that and looked later and had a box of rocks. When I found them I thought they were special but they weren’t. Its all part of learning.

• SurfaceHunter
            SurfaceHunter commented
            Editing a comment
            I do have to wonder why you picked your avatar pic though

It's the :"Unknown Comic" from the Gong Show!! CHUCKIE CHUCKIE CHUCKIE !!! have to be an old fart to remember the game show, but it was a classic that burned out quickly, about as burned out as Chuck Barris the host was while doing it. LOL. Good idea to get an in hand look and feel Ed, it will lead you to a find, and as Rock, SH and JJ said, there is whole new world that will open up when you discover and pick up your first one. Great feeling, and the addiction and curiosity multiply by 100, and then it is a way of life. _Bill

Comment

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Gong show haha...that was like s pre,-cursir to Jerry Springer.....same kind of people..... good one Bill

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            It was a great show, and I loved the unknown comic!

Where in NWA is this artifact show??

Hey Ed, since others are asking about your avatar, I was wondering if anybody calls you Blackbeard? He was the more famous Edward Teach.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by flintguy View Post
            Hey Ed, since others are asking about your avatar, I was wondering if anybody calls you Blackbeard? He was the more famous Edward Teach.
            That is where I took the user name from. LOL The Avatar is the unknown comic from the original Gong show.

Comment

Working...
            X