Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just ran across this on the Bay and wanted opinions if it authentic or not? My Gut says no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ran across this on the Bay and wanted opinions if it authentic or not? My Gut says no?

The Dang thing is beautiful. I love Flint ridge stuff.. Opinions? Not looking to buy was more curious. if it is an authentic artifact. If I broke any rules posting this please just let me know and I will delete.

Listen to your gut..... RUN. You will do far better with a pile of lotto tickets.
    Central TX

Comment

Agree with KrisRock
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very difficult to find an authentic Clovis on eBay. Not absolutely impossible, I know of one seller who is on the up and up. And certain COA's are automatic red flags at this point.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Back away !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Anyone selling a G-10 Clovis for that price and that lithic is addled in the head severely, if it’s authentic...I’m guessing it’s not.
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Well there's 46 suckers on it so far. Think that one comes from the middle obama era.
              SE IA

Comment

Look what else he has for sale ! Hard to believe anyone would let a collection go for that .

Comment

That 7-1/2" nebo would make a nice screen saver if it didn't have half a hand in it. I'd like to have it just to play with in hand for 25.00 tops and don't need the COA
                SE IA

Comment

Thanks guys, that is what I figured....

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                    Very difficult to find an authentic Clovis on eBay. Not absolutely impossible, I know of one seller who is on the up and up. And certain COA's are automatic red flags at this point.
                    would you mind sharing the name ?

Comment

• clovisoid
                      clovisoid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Any COA associated with that point would be a good starting point.

• CMD
                      CMD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What clovisoid said.

We normally don’t discuss values here, but an authentic, ancient version of that would would easily sell for $15,000+ as it would simply one of the finest Ohio Clovis points ever found. As an example of modern knapping it’s still probably worth $200+.

That particular type of Flint Ridge comes from the Nethers farm, and cooks at a specific temp to bring out those colors like that. Usually takes an electric kiln to balance out the heat so you get the red to pop without over-cooking the rock.
                    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
                      c_venture commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great info, I appreciate the explanation...

The colors are to dull, no patina, still showing sharp hinge fracture throughout the surface. I have seen many questionable COA's on ebay. I think some are just classifying that it is a good old rock anymore.

Comment

Honestly the more I thought about it, That is really Sad. I always associated collecting Points as something fun to do with my dad and my kids way back when. Not dishonest people who are in it just to make a buck.

Comment

• c_venture
                        c_venture commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow just looked at the final Bid price, I know it is just ink on paper but does everything that guy does a repro / fake? Or does he just Coa everything real or not. Man you could buy a lot of really nice authentic points for that price, I bet the only reason it sold for that price, was because of the Coa?

• Jethro355
                        Jethro355 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It likely sold for whatever the price was because there are people who want to have something of great value and don’t know how to tell if it’s actually real or not, so they throw money at it. It’s a beautiful point. It’s a once in a lifetime point, if it were real.

Finding points are like what you just said . Memories . To me finding or having a point is half the fun or maybe more . Who were you were or with , the conditions , your condition lol . Then you see it start shaking .. alas you have an artifact . Unless you get beautiful one in the mail from a friend .

Comment

Working...
                      X