Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still trying to decide between agate basin or wadlow blade or possibly a sedalia>> Also found nearby a few hundred yards years ago were some broken gorgets and a very small hematite celt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still trying to decide between agate basin or wadlow blade or possibly a sedalia>> Also found nearby a few hundred yards years ago were some broken gorgets and a very small hematite celt.

Cool gorget piece man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

That is a beautiful big blade. Thanks for showing it. Is it about 6 3/4 inches long?
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

It is right at 7 inches long . Tried to put some artifacts found nearby to possibly help with ID. After 42 years of searching could not be more pleased to have connected with such a blade. It has rejuvenated my spirit! Never say never.

Comment

In my humble opinion, it looks more like an Agate Basin. Don't the Wadlows tend to have a broad base? The Agates taper as they go down which yours seems to do. Super thin, well made. Looks like from the pic a little grinding in the hafting area? Seems smoother there, a little more serrations higher up. I know others might disagree, but that's my two cents. Those broken gorgets are interesting as well. A few years ago before I was into hunting, just by chance I found something that I though might be either a slate roof tile or a gorget. Put it in my car. Went to look for it later and my wife said "that muddy rock? I threw that out." Who knows, probably was just a shingle.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Same site my ex brother in law found a slate hole and half rectangular gorget and approx. year later i found the same other half, took it to his house and they were a perfect match! sadly his collection was stolen a few years past and is lost to me.Thanks for your opinion Flintguy btw it does have grinding about 1/3 of the way at the base and edges.

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, that’s is awful about the collection being ripped off. Great blade ! Thanks for showing ..

Can you post a picture of the hematite celt?

Comment

yes i will , it may be a bit.

Comment

That’s a monster blade!👍👍
                Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
                X