Views:	167
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	365905 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	365904
    South Carolina

This is the food p!ot that gives me so many quartz points. This corner has so many rocks and tools that I almost avoid going to this area .Everything looks like a tool to me . I have found some celts, adzes, hammerstones , maybe a Guilford axe. But there are a lot of rocks, just rocks. That's my hunting buddy in the first picture .Sometimes he hangs out around the edge of the food plot because he's so smart and knows if his feet get dirty he will get them washed and he hates a bath. Anyway, I can't find any good online references for tools .I do read the Peachtree site but that is about the only one I have found. If you know of any good online references please share with me. I'm in SC thanks!
    South Carolina

Comment

Jeez, that is a very rocky field. Idk if I'd be able to resist hunting it.
      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        It's really only one corner that is loaded with rocks. My husband is giving me the eye each time I come home with suspected tools. He told me I am starting to look like the crazy rock lady, lol.

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife does the same thing. She isn't wrong though..I am a crazy rock man.

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

Crazy rock Lady... Nice
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. Maybe if I organized my finds better i would just be the Rock Lady as opposed to the Crazy Rock Lady.

I think us rock hunters all get that sideways look from those who don't. You do what? For how long? And you walk real slow?
      Pretty cool what you have found there and your dog, that's funny. I want to go with you, but...
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Josie there are actually some pretty cool books out there . It really helps you look at all your chips and rocks in another light . One person on the site suggested ...
        artifacts of Prehistoric America . Louis A Brennan .
        I collect old books so the copyright 1975 appealed to me . That’s when they were in the thick of it anyway researching .It taught me how a a large stone was chipped so that I stopped posting spalls lol .
        Everything from pecked , ground , chipped to antler .

Comment

• Josie
          Josie commented
          Editing a comment
          Tam, I have the same book. That's a really good book. Wish the pictures were in co!or.
      Working...
      X