Paddle drill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddle drill

This drill was found by my grandfather many years ago, it was in his collection he gave to me he cannot recall what state and where exactly he found it but I've been researching some of his points so I can tell him more information about them and how cool they are! Also it's just good spending time with him. I was just curious if anyone knew the type of material, possible location it may have been found (try to jog his memory) and value? I'd never in a million years consider selling it but I'd just like to tell him more about the artifacts he discovered. Any information is greatly appreciated thank you for your time and good bless.

Don't know much about Kansas material, but the drill looks a lot like the style and material we find in Georgia.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Burlington Chert would be a guess Value is priceless.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Very nice artifact
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Outside looking in, so to speak... If he don’t remember where and when, then the what makes no difference ! Take the old guy for a massage, stiff drink, and a good meal....
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Can't add any info but it's a lovely little drill.
            California

Comment

hard to speculate from a photo. Some flints and other lithics will patinate to a white color . I wish I could help. Spend time with him. That is a priceless gift for both of you.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Jethro355
                Jethro355 commented
                Editing a comment
                What Hoss said.

Do that.

You are on the right track, as you mentioned...spend as much time as you can with him. You won’t regret it, and you can’t get it back.

The drill is nice, and as mentioned above...the value is priceless.

That is a dandy little drill man...in my 30 years I only have one so keep and cherish that heirloom from Granddad. I dont see that many of those come from the earth anymore...nice piece.
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

That is sweet!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That sure is a nice drill
                  South Dakota

Comment

Thank you all so much for your input. You guys are right I will be going to see him tomorrow and will show him some of the points I've found this week and I'll post them on here too after a bit. Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
                    X