Harrison turkey tail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison turkey tail?

Picked this up last weekend and at first I thought that's too pretty and perfect to be genuine. After examining it with a magnifying glass you could see in the nooks and crannies along both blade edges and base edges also few spots on faces some mineral deposits so I do believe she's genuine. I'm calling it a Harrison turkey tail but I'm no expert. Please chime in and give me your opinions. I traded for this and it was found along the banks of the Green river in Kentucky. This point is 4 1/4" long by 1 5/8" wide and approximately 5/16" thick.
    Last edited by Tkthorn; 06-17-2019, 01:32 PM.

Let everyone know if you found it or bought it . If you found it where ? Field , creek give them an idea .

Comment

Been trying to get a pic with a scale beside it for size to upload and not having any luck, phone takes too high a resolution pics. Its 4 1/4" long and 1 5/8" wide. I traded for it and it was found along the green river in Kentucky.

Comment

Well it is a strange looking critter I will give you that much. I have seen a lot of Turkey Tails but none with such a long base. Was this a friend you traded with?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yeah, a friend bought it off his nephew who found it while fishing along the Green river in Kentucky. I thought the same thing about the base and was suspicious that it had been touched up but after looking it over closely with a magnifying glass you can see mineral deposits in little crevices along the base edges and blade edges as well.

Comment

Real or not, it's quite a piece.

California

Comment

take a tooth pick and see if the Mineral deposits move?
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

They have a few different types of those I think it would fall into the Beaver Tail category. Looks perfect hope it’s real cause if so they hardly ever look that nice
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Hoss, I already used a needle lol. I went all the way around the edges and the mineral spots do not move.

Comment

Working...
                  X