its authentic I believe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its authentic I believe

The pic is not coming in clear but if that’s real then you have one OUTSTANDING artifact! That thing is insanely cool!
    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

It has a Calvin Howard coa ,Butler and I just got it back from Insight and it passed that's al

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I can't tell much from the picture, but I would be wary of papered artifacts.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

No way IMHOP. Moustache Simpson is just about the most faked artifact. Why blurry pic? Those authenticators ain't from Florida but I am lolol.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for ICONIC AND AUTHENTIC PALEO SIMPSON MUSTACHE ARROWHEAD WITH 2 COAS – FLORIDA at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

• CMD
              CMD commented
              Editing a comment
              Tom, that particular seller is also one of the top meteorite hunters and private meteorite collectors in the world.

• clovisoid
              clovisoid commented
              Editing a comment
              John Cianfarani- A great knapper, I bought a couple of fluted points from him directly in the early days of eBay and he helped me learn a tremendous amount about fake relics. An expensive lesson.

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              TY clovisoid for correcting how John’ s last name was spelled . John was a scary guy with tremendous talent. He went to prison for a few years from faking colonial coins. He did not get caught, he got ratted out on the coin situation. He once said the the mustache Simpson was a figment of his imagination. He also said at that time back in early days of Over****** that every one in that book he had made. I don’t know if the artifact claim is true. I do know the coin thing is true.

Cotton, we need to see much better pictures of both sides. If this is indeed the same photo from the eBay link that Tom provided, I would also say it looks fake. I see what appears to be pools of dried artificial patina in the crevices.

Comment

There can be such a thing as " over loaded " deposits. That looks artificially stained with some type of thick lacquer or varnish. Way to much " stuff " in the hinge fractures, like it was rubbed on. First thing I would do that probably hasn't been done, is give that a good rub down with acetone. If the tissue turns brown, then something artificial is coming off. After that, you don't have to go any further. Just IMHO.
              http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

If you like the opinions you have, please enjoy your relic. Really not much else to say about it.
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I would read this article if I were you Cotton https://www.peachstatearchaeological...simpson-points
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well now I’m more confused than ever. I did not think I had anything to worry about when it passed the laser. Thanks for the information
                    Last edited by Cotton1961; 06-19-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Cotton1961
                      Cotton1961 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I been thinking about this and I’m back to it’s authentic 3 well respected authenticators have no doubt.

Originally posted by Cotton1961 View Post
                    Well now I’m more confused than ever. I did not think I had anything to worry about when it passed the laser. Thanks for the information
                    Here is an older thread discussing the laser, with a link to an earlier thread on the subject....

I know the authentication business is not the best topic, there are many varied opinions, some positive, but mostly negative. I am just trying to keep current

Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                    X