Name:	9B50FA0F-A74F-4046-B06F-9130B7F551B8.png
Views:	241
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	375252 Click image for larger version

Name:	87A6CE77-BCE1-4746-8990-43294BA8F3CA.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	375251
    Vivid green, pink, orange, black feldspar granite celt from Craighead County Arkansas. This was a gift. Not a personal find. We have found some very nice celts down here and I thought that some of them were “near perfect” but this one has no flaws whatsoever. No pitting with highly polished surface and you couldn’t shape it no better even with a precision laser. Seems almost too nice but does have some bit polish with very little use/wear. The bit is not near as sharp as most that I have found though. Could this one possibly be a ceremonial type of Celt? Any ideas?
    SE ARKANSAS

Very nice. I’ve been looking for 50 years and haven’t found one yet. Maybe soon!!

Comment

That thing is freaking sweet!!
      Johnson county Missouri

Comment

I’m not sold on the whole “ceremonial” thing anymore. After much studying and reading and listening, I’ve come to the conclusion that true ceremonial artifacts are extremely rare, and purpose-specific. I can’t think of or imagine a ceremony involving a Celt.

although I was wrong one time....and stand ready for the next occurrence.😇

just my .02, but that is as nice a Celt as one could hope to find, I’d say.
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

I went through the entire Bud Goodwin auction collection, and he has some exceptional pieces...but he did not have a Celt nicer than this one.👍

i keep coming back to look at this thing, the color is mesmerizing.
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Artifascination
            Artifascination commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks man! I about went cross eyed looking at the different colors for so long the other day. When the sun reflects off the feldspar and quartz it will about blind ya also lol.
        Working...
        X