How do you display your artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you display your artifacts?

I've built up a few cases the past couple years and really want to have a nice display in the house and looking for ideas. Do you guys put them on the wall or stand them up on some shelving? Post some pics if you've got some.

Thanks

I don't display but my stuff is in caseboxes, drawers, bins and a safe.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

I don't have enough to display. I have a celt in my clothes drawer, an Adena in a box, a Hopewell in a case and two Georgia points stashed somewhere.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on the GA/SC border along the Savannah river. It was on a sod farm. I found an entire box load of pottery there, and tons of flakes.

• georgiafieldwalker
        georgiafieldwalker commented
        Editing a comment
        Very cool. It was probably in Effingham County very close to me.

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Close. Screven County.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2389B489-D5CE-44AA-9515-DD8557F853B9.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	377928
      I put some of our personal finds in this case on the fire place. Nothing fancy but I keep a lot of our smaller points in clear coin flips made for holding silver dollars. There are 20 slots on each page and you can keep them safely stacked in hardback binders to save space and makes it easy to get them out to look through.
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Cotton1961
        Cotton1961 commented
        Editing a comment
        👍

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Very Nice!

I have a friend that displays his on the runners like steps he turns the runner upside down and then puts wood planks on them. Then puts his frames on the planks like a stair step effect looks really good. No pics though cause it’s not mine
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Hi georgiafieldwalker, I have mine in 18"x30" frames. They are hung on cleats. This is the only frame I have filled. I display them in my Den/Office. The nice thing is since they are on cleats, I can easily take them down and switch them up to different locations in my room. I have a total of 4 frames & counting, I rotate. Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	377952
        Last edited by c_venture; 07-09-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Cotton1961
          Cotton1961 commented
          Editing a comment
          Very impressive

I used to leave them out but someone tried to break ln ---- so they all go in the safe now. It's a shame we can't leave them on display !!!

Comment

• c_venture
          c_venture commented
          Editing a comment
          WhooYA! I Love your knives. (I am working on that frame now) One of my favorite things is kicking back and looking at the frames after work, I understand what you are saying, I have an Alarm a Big dog and a colt Python ready to Rock Nothing I have is worth allot but I would be devastated if they were stolen. You my friend have a serious collection, I could stare at it for hours.

• tomf
          tomf commented
          Editing a comment
          Helluva collection, Cotton.

Thanks I’ve been very fortunate that’s about half of it. Most of it was found on about 10 acres or less.

Comment

• georgiafieldwalker
          georgiafieldwalker commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like an old site too with all those bolens and kirk corner notches.

• Cotton1961
          Cotton1961 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it is I’ve found everything from a Clovis. All the way down to bird points. It’s a very good site. Unfortunately I’ve planted some of it in pecan trees 😢

I build cases as a hobby on rainy days and have inside and outdoor collections .

Comment

• Artifascination
          Artifascination commented
          Editing a comment
          Impressive collection! Very Nice Setup!

South fork
        I buy these cases off Ebay they look just like yours..are you the maker of the ones I have pictured?
        really nice quality

Comment

• south fork
          south fork commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't sell but it looks like the same hardware .

• c_venture
          c_venture commented
          Editing a comment
          Very Nice!

Small frame is on the wall the other is a map table.

Comment

The map table has three drawers they are all full.

Comment

Working...
          X