Beaver Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver Lake

First off - I have always Loved the Look of Beaver Lake points. I would have to say they are my all time favorite. I have found 2 smaller versions throughout the years and several end pieces that would make you jump for joy if they were complete. ( I have several others but they may be Quads) To me i would rather have a fine example of a BL than a clovis. Saying that I have bought a couple -some papered by Reputable Authenticators and after inspecting them myself I wasent comfortable, so I shipped out to mr Bennett and they were bad. What prompted this post is I was watching a auction on Ebay Last night. Yea Yea I know, I considered bidding but this thing went through the roof! (in my opinion) I about fell out of my chair. It didnt even have a Coa on it. To me I would say it ha a good chance of being authentic it is very difficult to tell anything from pictures. My examples dont look like this one, they are not as wide and the ears are more pronounced. Long story short If you have any Beaverlake Points that you are confident in, could you please post some pictures?

Btw, If i broke any rules by posting the ebay link just tell me and I will remove.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Outstanding Early Archaic Payson Chert Quad/ Beaver Lake Madison Co, Il 2.7/8" at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

The seller is one of the few I follow on eBay, I haven’t bought anything recently, but he’s always been a good one in my opinion.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for feedback, I have purchased from him as well and never had a problem. I was just taken back by he amount and if that it was a true representation of a Beaver Lake?

Wowzers!!! I just saw the winning bid. Man I would have been nervous on it also. Hopefully it is authentic as it is a nice one. We have a Pennsylvania fella on here that is about as good as anyone on authentication. Maybe he'll see your post. This here is my most reliable C.O.A. Click image for larger version

Name:	arrowhead grab.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	378479
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I don't know if it's authentic or not, but I sure like it!

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I agree with you.. It is a thing of Beauty!

That’s a good looking BL but I’d never pay that for one
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Pm how much it sold for .. I can’t stand it

Comment

• DoobieWah
          DoobieWah commented
          Editing a comment
          According to the link: $886.98
      Working...
      X