Interesting Collection for sale on the Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Collection for sale on the Bay

I know there has been a lot of talk about all the worthless points on the eBay lately. I like to check it out occasionally. I ran across this last night. In my opinion (Meaningless) These look pretty authentic. You dont see very many nice examples of authentic Clovis. (Not affiliated in any way shape or form to this post...) If i broke any rules posting this -please remove. Would you guys consider these Museum quality or at least authentic examples?
    These Museum Quality Montana / Wyoming Projectile points are part of a large collection of projectile points and other artifacts found by my father-in-law. He has been hunting and collecting for over 60 years and is very knowledgeable of these pieces and their origins.

Museum quality isn’t really a museum term. I have some broken fluted points that Dennis Stanford at the Smithsonian really wanted me to donate to their research collection, and some expensive stuff that he probably wouldn’t have even picked up at glanced at twice.

That collection, I’d love to see better pictures. I’d bet those broken Edens are cool, that frame of side notches probably has some gems, there is a Goshen point that looks great. The collector traded with people as well, so there is always a risk that the big flashy Clovis and Scottsbluff points aren’t what they seem.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      All good points -excuse the pun... I would also love to see better detailed pictures.

God forbid that my wife happens to see the prices on a lot of those artifacts, she’d shoot me dead and sell me out ! JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• clovisoid
      clovisoid commented
      Editing a comment
      We all have that fear.

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I am with you

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I ain't worth more than the clothes I'm wearing, lol! I'm safe!

For now...

I don't know. I wouldn't trust it. It seems to me that this seller took a few real ones, and mixed them in with flintknapped points. It's a good trick I've seen a few times. Personally, I think just the Clovis would be at 2k by now, not the entire collection of rare artifacts.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      thats a fair point!

Check out Mamoth run castings. Whole family of collectors and they do good work. They are very fairly priced too.
    N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

Interesting enough he pulled it from ebay, I didnt even know you could do that if you had bids already. It went up to 2500

Comment

Working...
      X