How Weird Are We?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Weird Are We?

Probably wrong topic exchange to post own observations about self. Always loved rocks, and have thousands. Often, Dogs and I pile up in bed and go thru our stuff (washed, at least!). Occasionally, I’ve fallen asleep on a bed of rocks. Beats counting sheep!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Well I don't consider that to weird, I was at the Opelika, Alabama Arrowhead show the past weekend and they even had a rock and mineral club, interesting people. I also collect Arrowheads, Rocks all forms of rocks, I cut and polish them and even wire wrap them into pendant. If that is weird I guess I am also, happy rock hunting
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

I can't sleep at night without my CS button, my Bible, My first Virginia Bullet, my first bullet found with a friend, my first Kentucky bullet, random battlefield bullets, my first arrowhead, my celt, a flintknapped point I made earlier in the day, and my cat. I only sleep on one side of the bed, my finds and my cat get the rest, lol!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!!!!

• WindWalker
      WindWalker commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been sleeping with my last celt find ....under my pillow for 2 months now...glad it's not just me...pheeew.

Yes, you're weird. So am I. So is every human being that is, was and will be. We're all weird in our own special ways and the sooner we learn to accept that both in ourselves and in the people around us, the happier we will be. What makes us different may cause all the troubles in the small sense, but creates all the solutions in the large sense, so for God sake, y'all keep being weird!
    Central Virginia

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Wahoo, Amen, Yes Weird Brother!

Wrong topic exchange about weirdness in the artifact/rock collector world? No way...have you had the dreams yet? Cecilia...I can say this...we're all here because we're not all there...post on you...lol love that topic...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I’ve had the dreams! I’m running thru woods, trip over log, fall into incredible pile of rocks! (And that’s just one..). Thank you all so much; I am home!

I’m preparing pics to finally show. So intimate, showing your stuff, like another dream where you show up in elementary school in your underwear. Even if all 200 thousand of my rocks just rocks to you all, very happy to be in your company!

• Quartzite Keith
      Quartzite Keith commented
      Editing a comment
      Lordy, thought it was just me. It's gotten so common that just about the time I find the tenth perfect point the rational part of my brain calls BS and makes me wake up.

I’ve been called a LOT worse things than weird.

Fly that Freak Flag Freely!
    🕺🕺
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Who wants to be normal? I often empty the lint filter on my dryer only to find small flakes picked up in the creek!
      North Carolina

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife calls them neolithic fabric softeners.

• Lindenmeier-Man
        Lindenmeier-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        They are tough on the washing machine pump at my house. I usually turn my pockets inside out, but some stay.

That's freaking hilarious!!!
      North Carolina

Comment

I had a customer I talked to for over a year and one day we were talking about hobbies I told him I liked to find artifacts. Usually I told people that and they would give me a tip as to where to look or say I have property and you are welcome to look. But not this guy he looked at me and said ohh you’re one of them then walked away and never came back. I was always curious as to what that meant. So not all people are the same that’s what makes the world go round. Do what you like and don’t worry about what others think just have fun
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          And I’m not going back !

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol I didn’t know that was you 😁

Your normal....
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

You guys are so sharp!
          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Best Post Ever! Made me LOL - Yes i must be weird to!

Comment

Working...
            X