I Love Daltons! is there any books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love Daltons! is there any books

I Love Daltons! is there any books or good reference material dedicated soley to Daltons? I have alot of Paleo info that has some good info on them, but i would love something that shows all the different types? if possible. Any recomendations appreciated. Thanks!

I haven't seen anything like that, but I don't see why not.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

This is a good book if the link works..didn’t work.
      Olive Branch Site by RM Gramly. Amazon has 3 used books
      Last edited by Glacial Pebble; 08-19-2019, 06:33 PM. Reason: Link was wrong

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice, thank you for that!

I haven't seen a collector book dive only into Daltons. Almost any of the Overstreet Price guides have a lot of Dalton material, I'd recommend the most recent one because Matt Rowe did an excellent job with the typology.

If you want to go a bit more scholarly digging into specific sites can give you a lot of details about the richness of the Dalton cluster. Aside from the points they made some other unique tools. The Big Eddy Site has a lot of info out there, and it had a really nice Dalton layer. Google the Sloan Dalton Site, there are a lot of articles and pictures of material from that site. Pete Bostrom's Lithic Casting Lab site has a lot of amazing pictures and articles; lots of great Dalton info there.

There is a really good book called Archaic Societies, and a good chunk of the book is available as a free preview on google books. It's not too dry and boring, but it does cover a lot of info about Dalton sites that can lead you to more research. Just google Archaic Societies Dalton, and over in the Books tab you should see the previews of the book. Some stuff will be blocked but a lot of it is there to read.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Very Helpfull Great info thank you!

Map of Olive Branch Dig, 2002-2005:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3483.JPG Views:	1 Size:	84.7 KB ID:	386730

The above map came with Gramly's book...

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3484.JPG Views:	1 Size:	108.1 KB ID:	386731

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3485.JPG Views:	1 Size:	75.7 KB ID:	386732

Last edited by CMD; 08-21-2019, 09:07 AM.
      Rhode Island

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow would that be awsome to hunt... Thank you for this, I have one point from Olive branch sit in my Dalton collection..

• grins000
        grins000 commented
        Editing a comment
        How about a pic? I will show you mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	386734
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        It is a thing of utter Beauty Tom, thanks for sharing.

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Was this a personal Find Tom? If you ever want to part with it... I have a spot that it would fit perfectly...

• tomclark
        tomclark commented
        Editing a comment
        It was on the bottom of the Santa Fe River near High Springs, FL. I thought it was a leaf when I fanned and saw it in a crack in the limerock bottom.

Wow what a Find!!!!

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        red the Olive branch book and Sloan : A Paleoindian Dalton Cemetery in Arkansas book. Great source of reference!

Try. www. arcoop.org. under the heading images, will pull up neat things
      So.IL.

Comment

RM Gramly O.B. books pop up once in a while. Here is another.
        So.IL.

Comment

Working...
        X