Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested if Anyone uses a Label Machine to put on there artifacts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested if Anyone uses a Label Machine to put on there artifacts?

Gone are the Days when I used to be able to look at a point annd say exactly where I found it. I personally have a problem writing on artifaces even with a sealer applied first. (its just me) I have seen some labeled that seem to look very nice and adhear well on artifacts. does anyone do this? can you recommend a brand / model? I keep thinking after I am gone my Kids wouldnt have a clue from a hopewell to a Clovis. ahh it will probably all in up in a yard sale anyway. LOL

I wouldn't recommend doing that, because over time, the glue will dry up, and fall off. I have a point somewhere that was discolored by that method as well. I prefer to electronically catalog my stuff, with an added picture.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      KP do you just use a spread sheet or special software?

I have a couple of artifacts that have a printed label on them, and it's fixed on pretty well. They are clear thin labels, not the older style raised white lettering on a plastic strip (which is what I always think of when I think label printer because that's what we had when I was younger.)

You mentioned it's not your method, but a little ink on a relic goes a long way for preserving some history. I always appreciate the collector who took time to include state and county abbreviations on relics that I purchase.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with you Clov that ink does stick with the artifact. (one of my fav points is a Paleo Lance found by Clark Kent -Kansas 1953) LoL - I have just always had an aversion to write on a 10K year old artifact. I see each point as Mini works of art...

I use the DMYO label printer, works great. Staples, bout $125. I trim the labels down to fit, can print really, really tiny, may add comments as to material, reworking, etc., as well a date site, county location.

Comment

• c_venture
      c_venture commented
      Editing a comment
      Rick can you let me know what the model number is please?
Working...
X