Curious about Josh Davis Artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious about Josh Davis Artifacts

I was looking at a point and it has a COA by him? Would you consider him a good authenticator? I did several searches and have seen what he has been authenticating and they all look realistic? unlike 75% of the other authenticators out there. There is not really a Co name I could find associated with him. thoughts?

Josh Davis is Tom Davis's son, both names have been on the Tom Davis COA for a little bit now, not quite sure how long but not to long. I'm assuming that's the direction they have been headed in handing down the business to him. No opinion on the COAs or artifacts papered being that I haven't dealt with him.

​​​​​​
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I don't know him, but I have just walked away from buying points, and resort to finding them myself. I just have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to papered points.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• c_venture
        c_venture commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, I can understand that. I cant get out like I used to, So I ocasionally I buy some. It is something that is a risk, but I have enjoyed authenticating my own stuff and learning how to use a scope etc. Fyi I have sent back 3 times as much as I have kept. So it is sort of like a different form of the Hobby.

Tom has been around a long time.. It’s curious though, I’ve never seen his paper...
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Ditto what Kyflintguy mentioned. Tom has been involving Josh in the business for many years. And on COA's it seems like they both sign, but it comes in Josh's name. Once you get to be the biggest dealer, authenticator and one of the bigger collectors in the business some people are going to have bad things to say, but my personal experiences with them have been positive.

I wouldn't really hesitate on low to midrange pieces from the Midwest with their COA if you are into buying things. They've handled thousands and thousands of relics over the years and have seen probably every type of fakery out there. I've found I have disagreed a couple of types with their typology, but that's probably just me being obtuse about things.

If you are buying birdstones, bannerstones, and high-end paleo, then I think COAs are a horrible reason to buy...
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• c_venture
          c_venture commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate the feedback guys! Ididnt realize they were on AH.com dealers site... Looks like they have been in biz for a long time.
          Last edited by c_venture; 09-13-2019, 01:25 PM.
      Working...
      X