Hammerstone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammerstone?

It does have, what looks like to me, percussion marks.
    Game ball? Round rock? Im stumped...
    Found in N. CALIFORNIA near Corning.

Hey Northwren, I don't think it's a hammerstone but it could be an artifact. Is it spherical?
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• northwren
      northwren commented
      Editing a comment
      It is completely round, a sphere.

How about a side view on it. 1st time I have ever seen someone use a nail polish bottle for a size reference by the way 😀
    NW Georgia,

Comment

It is a sphere. Completely round, so there is no side shot. Different markings around it, but aside from that, looks the same from every angle.
      I figured most nail polish bottles are the same length and most people know the size of an average one. A better comparison than the stapler in the first photo.

Comment

I was hoping it was flat on both sides like a pancake flat but with a edge.. idk the size of a nail polish bottle. Most will use a quarter. It’s a interesting rock most round rocks to me are the hardest to identify if they were ever used by man. It looks like a interesting material which if we knew the type of rock that would help. It will still make for a interesting conversation piece. Thanks for posting it
        NW Georgia,

Comment

It could be a game ball. It does look pecked. I always keep those nice round rocks
          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
          X