Hole in my head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole in my head?

I found a arrow head with a "pin" hole in it. Anyone ever heard of or seen this or something similar?

Like a pic plz. Yes I’ve seen where the lithic material had a flaw and over time the softer material wasted away to form a hole.Usually it happens on the edge of a artifact...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Comment

Found in white county AR

Comment

What a nice point you found there. The hole is very unusual of course but I can see that the material did have a flaw where the hole is, which deteriorated away. No one sees that happen much as when the NA made the point, the hole most probably was not there... Outstanding and perhaps the only one you will ever find with a hole near blade center. JJ
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I have a friend who collects points with vughs in them. I have seen quite a few. Congrats on your find. A vugh is a small hole or cavity in in rock .
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Got one found in South East Ga. with a small hole in it Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6701.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	399760
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                Lindenmeier-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                Extraordinary , see PM.

Th picture isn't that great. Maybe th reason it looks like a flaw. I'll try to get a better pic but I'm near certain the maker or owner (at th time) put this hole in it.

Comment

Quite hard to drill a hole in that type of material imo it would have to be natural already there when they worked it. That’s a sweet find and a good conversation piece
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice find im thinking vug
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

Beautiful point. I agree with others. It appears to be a natural dissolution hole. Either way it’s a good find!
                    SE ARKANSAS

Comment

I guess if these pics don't show how perfectly round th hole is and how clean and smooth it is, you'd jus have to see it in person. I have seen and I even own a few Indian rocks that have sandstone looking, weaker type stone veins in them. I've never tho seen any such rocks where the other type stone was anything other than non symmetrical, jagged shape. I reckon you'd jus have to see it in person.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        what is that on your hands? Have you been wood working and using stain?

I believe it is a solution cavity. Drilling a hole in such a point would have shattered it. Here is another example of a solution cavity in a chert point. One of the two exits in this case is quite round in appearance....

Click image for larger version

Name:	B756B1FA-15F6-4028-8CB7-7E79E6295819-19555-0000064316753535.jpeg
Views:	277
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	402004

Click image for larger version

Name:	20850A57-B59F-487D-ABCA-D9DC38E8286B-19555-0000064357E45FFD.jpeg
Views:	265
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	402005
                      Rhode Island

Comment

• Th1rock
                        Th1rock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks CMD for th pics. I try to be open minded but I was near certain that hole wasn't natural. Your comment/pics has opened my mind a bit more and now I'm thinkin well, just maybe.... Hmmm. Lol! And I guess it's safe to assume your sure yours isn't a man made hole? And Hoss, I've been pickin pecans and that's what tearin off green hulls do to your skin. Ya can't hardly wash it off with anything! Lol!
                        Last edited by Th1rock; 11-19-2019, 02:52 AM.

Fascinating.
                      California

Comment

Working...
                      X