Match maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match maybe

Trying to learn how to share pics again so I've only got the 2 so far. Found these 2 pieces over the summer and they look like a match Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20191125_153121.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	405403 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20191125_153121.jpeg
Views:	334
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	405404 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20191125_163355.jpeg
Views:	367
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	405405
    NW Georgia,

Little patina differences looks like it broke a long time ago
    NW Georgia,

Comment

I'd accept that as a good match...ive only found a few that I could fit back together!
      North Carolina

Comment

Thanks I think it's a Hardaway Dalton. Was looking through my broken finds over the summer and the material looked like a match.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Looks like it fits together pretty well to me
          SE ARKANSAS

Comment

I would think it is a match, it would be almost impossible to have two different points match that good.
            South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

That's a match, and a purdy one too! Some good color on that flint.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Doesn't happen to often for me I'm putting it in my case for this year. Didn't see any other matches but will save them if I get to go back next year, thanks
                NW Georgia,

Comment

Yes match way to go man...sweet color too....hope that white glue is gonna go clear. Maybe dalton,? Awesome when you go back and rediscover..an artifact in halves. Pretty rare man...the color reminds me of a calico cat without the white....yeah?
                  Last edited by redrocks; 11-25-2019, 08:33 PM.
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I used Elmer's just in case I didn't glue it straight enough the white will dry clear

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd say a small Dalton missing one ear. In that section years ago I found a Waller knife blade.

As the others said, looks like a match to me, cool point as well.
                  Central Ohio

Comment

Of course it’s a match...That doesn’t happen to often to find both pieces... Nice scores, plural....!
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I said if I get to go back because the stretch that I found it is up for sale. Its the best spot for points on the whole 200 acres. 6 acre trac for $130k which isn't a bad price anymore for my area. I expect it to sell which will be a sad day for me. I've been looking on that property for 6 years now. If any of you can pop on it let me know and I will tell you where it's at. I'd rather a point hunter get it than someone else.
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

That's a wonderful little point, SH.

Love the tortoise-shell color and knife-like shape.

Matches almost perfectly, except for a slight variaton of the color and that little mismatch where two halves line up on right side of pic (it looks like a step).

In profile (side view) they seem to line perfect, so maybe it's my old eyes playing tricks.

Most likely the they are two halves of same point that wore slight different after separation (imho).

California

Comment

Disc hit it Tom most times they will shatter when that happens. It is missing a tiny piece I had to use extra glue to get it to look correct
                          NW Georgia,

Comment

Looks like a match to me with just a little missing at the break. Colors are perfect, has to be a match. Never ever have I found a match out of 100s. Good find twice.
                            SE IA

Comment

Working...
                            X