No announcement yet.

Match maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a pinkish red and black color. I've only found one other half in that color in 8 years. I'm thrilled to have found it both halves
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Great save on putting those two back together. Nice material.......

Comment

Thanks Sarah it was a surprise when I saw the base then looked for the tip and saw some of the same colors. Most of the rest are black so they will be harder to match
        NW Georgia,

Comment

It’s a lithic match in my mind on top of the point . Very cool experience to put down in the books of artifact experiences.

Comment

Thats crazy surface.....glad you were able to match that....ive never pulled that off
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
              Thats crazy surface.....glad you were able to match that....ive never pulled that off
              Well its only my 2nd time doing it. Once this year I found a blade and put it in my zipper bag to keep it safe. Must of been ready to fall apart when I found it cause it was in half later but it doesn't count. The other I found the tip one year and the base the next year in a creek which is truly amazing. This one was in a field. Thanks flops
              NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice, the profile side picture is the best way to identify matches in my opinion. The shape can change with dings but the thickness doesn't change without some significant rework.
                Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Pretty cool to find a match
                  South Dakota

Comment

I have yet to find two matching halves. Thats some wild looking material!
                    keep on keepin after

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                      SurfaceHunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks I find some cool colors once in a while
                  Working...
                  X