Is Baker COA trustworthy or a scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Baker COA trustworthy or a scam?

Has anyone ever heard of baker coa or felt with them? I just put bids on two items on eBay. Both are Clovis points with coa's. They seemed a little "fresh" to me at first but with the coa and a 14 day money back guarantee i said what the heck. Then I started googling baker coa and found a lot of negative feedback on them. The amount I bid on both is quite high and the auctions end in 7 hours so any input would be appreciated as soon as possible. I'll try and pay the links if I can get them of the app.

Comment

Comment

Here is a link to multiple threads and comments on Baker papers...not good
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I just got burnt myself not to long buying a piece that was certified by Baker. I would quit while I was ahead if I where you. Stay away from the seller that goes by the name laesseller also.
          keep on keepin after

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm familiar with that son of a gun. I look and see what he has for sale every once in a while, and he has bids on everything. They are about as real as Narwhal sightings in the Rockies. I know a guy who foolishly spent $5,000 on that guy once. Yep, everything was fake.

• PointHound
            PointHound commented
            Editing a comment
            I have been looking too Kentucky. That swindler is cleaning house on there. Should be considered fraud!

• Cachefind09
            Cachefind09 commented
            Editing a comment
            Butterball7132 is another ebay seller offering modern reproductions often with a Baker coa. These sellers will get a coa from Baker and offer them for sale to the unknowledgeable buyer. Both Baker and these sellers know they are fake but it is a relationship that they have with each other to rip off the buyers that don't know any better. Many shows won't allow anything with a Baker coa to be sold.

Well Kaleb, I don't know how long you have been collecting, but if more than 5 years, you should know better by now!! " What the heck ( they're nice, perfect, and beautiful ), so being authentic is second priority. !! That is not the way you buy artifacts! You said TO YOURSELF, they look fresh, But what the heck.
          Broken Rule number one: You failed to trust your instinct, and what you are looking at. of course they look fresh, because they are"
          Broken Rule number two: You researched Baker papers and saw all the negatives, But, your TAKING A CHANCE because there's a return policy.
          Broken Rule number three: I guess you didn't look at all the other PERFECT points this seller is offering. Is that a clue that the Clovis points are good, when every single artifact this seller has is repro?
          So you are throwing common sense, logic, and your own experience out the window, because, What the Heck, they have a return policy!! Your kind of high on bidding? If these were good, they would be worth 15 times what your bid is. I looked at them on ebay. Neither are authentic, if you win these, plan on sending them back for a refund. Sorry Kaleb, sounds like I'm scolding you, and I am a little bit. Your judgement has been clouded by the perfection of these two points. And that " What the heck theory " just doesn't belong in the world of buying artifacts!! And going forward, if you see a Baker paper, just move on.
          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            foxhollowgirl is practically the same as lasseller and a few others on there. G10 everything.

• PointHound
            PointHound commented
            Editing a comment
            I should have known better too! If I shop anymore it will probably be at ravens. At least you know the relics are real!

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I like the conclusion Paul. Like commandments , should be written in stone !

I've been collecting for eight years but that's just what I've found this would only be the second time in ever bought anything. I guess that will be a good lesson for the future.

Comment

• pkfrey
            pkfrey commented
            Editing a comment
            OK, this hobby is a lifelong learning adventure, just to learn about the artifacts. Now we have to include learning about the market. And in the market, it's not always all about the artifact, but about finding the reputable and ethic sellers. And they are out there. But in reality, you have to make mistakes, in order to know what NOT to do going forward!!! Good luck!!!

Baker paper? More like toilet paper. The guy can't tell an arrowhead from a piece of plastic. There are good points done by Baker, but more frauds than not from what I've seen.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Hey Kaleb there are some great artifacts for sale on the stores here! They may not be g 10 5 inch clovi.... But hey some are really cool and best of all really legit!
            North Carolina

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              R.A. Autry has a really nice Clovis up for sale, I think on the last page of his store.

• Kaleb
              Kaleb commented
              Editing a comment
              Well if I get my money back maybe I'll put it towards that if it's not too much. I'll just look on here from now on instead maybe I'll come across something I can afford

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, it is about $2,500... I'd rather pay good money for a real point, than good money for a fake.

The only artifacts I've purchased are from people who weren't actively trying to sell stuff. Mainly people with a shoebox full of artifacts. What's crazy is how many times people have given me their collections when they see my enthusiasm! I talk about artifacts with everyone, and some friends and family roll their eyes when they hear my questions posed to strangers...but I have a 4 ft X 2 ft case full of NC points that I consider my acquisition case. What is really crazy are the points from all over the US that people have given me or sold for the price of a lunch! Including dovetails, a scottsbluff, an obsidian collection, a few Kirk's and some woodland points as well. I used to talk to 20 people a day about arrowheads and became known as the arrowhead guy in my city. As far as buying a papered point I'd rather spend the $$ on something that interests me more, like starting a type collection like Waller knives, or San patrice, or hardaways! I'm simple though, and would rather see study pieces than anything with questions.
            North Carolina

Comment

If you won the aution and after they arrive you feel they are fakes, and if you paid by Paypal you can contact Paypal and cancel your payment and send them back. You just have to tell Paypal that you've been sold fakes.

Comment

I got lucky someone out bid me the prices went fairly high. I feel bad for those people but I'm glad I don't have to learn the hard way. It was still pretty stressful though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleb View Post
                  Has anyone ever heard of baker coa or felt with them? I just put bids on two items on eBay. Both are Clovis points with coa's. They seemed a little "fresh" to me at first but with the coa and a 14 day money back guarantee i said what the heck. Then I started googling baker coa and found a lot of negative feedback on them. The amount I bid on both is quite high and the auctions end in 7 hours so any input would be appreciated as soon as possible. I'll try and pay the links if I can get them of the app.
                  Please Dont ever buy anything with a Baker Coa! If you have to Count on a Coa. Please do your research Their are some good guys left- Not many but Some.....

Comment

Scam

Comment

Examine the items listed on eBay. Numerous sellers have listed and have sold endless perfect dovetail points. Someone mentioned foxhollowgirl... a great example of a seller with an endless supply of perfect points. I have been told by a reliable source that authorities are looking at it as a massive fraud case given the amount of funds involved. When considering a purchase, go with your gut. If it appears too good to be true, then it is. If you can, look at history of sales. If the seller keeps all his/her sales private... red flag. If a seller is moving quite a few perfect points... red flag. Baker COA... red flag. Other junk COAs... red flag.

Comment

Working...
                      X