Online Live auction buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Live auction buy

I bought these this morning through a proxie bidding service so I never got to look at them in person. All of them were found in southern Colorado and seemed authentic but the pictures are kind of fuzzy. Before i tell you it was a good deal just know it was an estate sale and only one other person bid Raising my pre bid by 10 dollars. So, if they are authentic I got an amazing deal, if not i feel i paid a fair price for a nice collection of assorted modern points.

We got no picks Kaleb....???😮
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Kaleb
      Kaleb commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed right after I hit post. They're posted now

I guess i should post the pics these are the only pics I had to go off. The pictures are taken by the proxy bidding service or the auction company.

Comment

To me it does look like some modern ones in the mix especially the white ones. Could be some good ones in there to. When you get them let's look again. Imo next time get a clear pic some times they will give a bad pic so you can't tell.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

I was thinking the same about the white side notched one but When i looked at some of mine i had quite a few clean looking ones like that. Either way when I get them I'll post more.

Comment

If those are legit, doesn’t matter what you paid, they are NICE!
          Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Uh Oh~!~!
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

• Kaleb
              Kaleb commented
              Editing a comment
              No uh oh here either way I'm happy

Its starting to get pretty cold so I was re arranging my bedroom to get the bed away from the windows and found this. I started thinking if I saw this in that case i would federally think it was fake. Maybe I'm stretching here but we will see in a week or two when they get here.

Comment

Hmm, there are certainly several questionable ones in the lot. Maybe original owner bought them rather than personal finds? 🤷‍♀️
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Kaleb
                Kaleb commented
                Editing a comment
                Very possible If they turn or not to be real they will make a good labeled point display for quite a few types i don't have

Plenty of poorly made modern points in there. Sorry
              South Dakota

Comment

If not real...at least you got a nice case.....id pay 10 for it
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Well the results are in and I think I did alright. Some of them may be fake but most seem real to me the ones I thought were fake I looked at with a loupe and could see plenty of red sand and dirt hidden in all the little cracks and crevices. Patina is not immediately present but after looking at several points found in the sandy areas of south eastern Colorado and adjoining p parts of Texas they seem similar. Here are a few

Comment

Comment

Comment

Let's see up close pics of the Paleo looking ones. If they are real it could pay for the whole frame. Especially the 2 tone one in the middle. Most of the points looks good to me. Especially how I can tell they have been sitting in that frame for years by the impressions they left.
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                        X