Question on Mineral deposits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Mineral deposits?

Hi guys something I have always wondered. Has there ever been a study on how long it takes for Mineral deposits to build up? Are we talking hundreds or thousands of years?

It's all relative. Heat, cold, light , moisture, soil conditions all factor in.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I've found them in the fields on quartzite pieces from the plow ant till. Farmer has been working that field for 50 years. So it can vary.
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Wow, $64, 000.00 question. I’d think 64 K in variables !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• c_venture
          c_venture commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol

Probably no definitive study done on the subject of mineral deposition. We should all work together and put a case study in progress for the next thousand years or so. If the earth has that long to go.... lol

Comment

I actually bought a gem book trying to understand how these were all created .
          Greg is correct stating time in the earth cooling , heat , cold and so one with which soil combinations were around from iron to gems ..
          just do a simple goggle search to understand the pressure involved as well .
          JRA is right we could contribute and start a thread on differ ones . Gold on quartz and so on .

Comment

And like LMan said there are just as many articles as minerals to back up each one .
            evaporation of water just all the right conditions to contribute to each gem or sediment .

Comment

Working...
            X