Could this be a broken Clovis base ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be a broken Clovis base ?

I was going though some of our broken pieces this caught my eye it is very managed but appears to have a flute and the base looks kind of Clovis style . It was found in a wash not far from here by my sons girlfriend at night .
    Last edited by Canyon walker; 03-21-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I was thinking maybe the fish tail style .

Comment

• flintguy
        flintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like an Orient (fish tail) type. But from your handle I'm guessing you are not in the North East. Not sure about the stuff out west. Better pics would help. Interesting piece.

Better pics would help but my guess is an impact fracture?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Pics are way too fuzzy to see much detail.....doesn’t look Clovis to me but we need better pics
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Sorry I know my photos are not good I hope these are better I found another piece that is similar hope this helps .

Comment

Not being from the desert myself, I’m not sure what type it is.....but I can say what it’s not...and that would be Clovis. Still a cool find as is any artifact...congrats
            Southern Connecticut

Comment

In the first photo of your second set, the point on the right looks like it has an impact fracture, as Greg suggested.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks everyone you never know what you will find here as we are on a major migration route and trade route because of the turquoise .

Comment

• cgode
                  cgode commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Awesome landscape!! Some day I’ll get out west and take a walk!

I did a little more research and most likely they are basket maker two or three projectile points . Thanks so much for your patience with me as I want to learn as much as I can about the people who lived in this arena

Comment

Working...
                X