Supersized Scraper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supersized Scraper?

Do you agree that this is a supersized scaper that would be used for the supersized jobs?
    jane

Hi Jane liked your post with the scrapers. Find a lot like that here too. I think this piece is more along the lines of a tool used to crush or cut bone. Is really rough I call em smashers,usually only percussion flaking. Is still an artifact I keep them to!

Comment

Jane,
         I'd call it a scraper/knife/preform/chopper/handaxe.

Comment

ksrocks...what cha talking bout. I even keep the ones that aren't anything more than a ordinary rock. Incase I didn't say before....I'm a avid rock hound. I even have a rare earth magnet on my scrapie tool, so I can be sure to get the meteorites too!
          Cliff...is that the same thing as a Swiss Army Knife?

Comment

I think it is more or less a multi tool as Cliff said. But I would think it would be used for chopping, as the extra size would give the user more leverage. Is it sharp all the way around or is there a flat spot to hold the hand against without getting cut?

Comment

Bill...I would say it's sharp 3/4 way around. I have taken another pic and the edge I'm showing you is not sharp although it appears to be worked.
            I have held it in my hand every way I can think of and it really doesn't seem to fit but my son who is left handed says it fits like a glove.
              jane

Comment

God its nice....Anything flint..

Comment

Thanks Jon! 

Comment

Working...
                X