Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Points (Case #3)

Case #3
    I need to get a few more cases or maybe I could learn to make them myself.
    jane

Once again beautiful artifacts. Yes make your own cases. I made over 60 cases when we had the collection. Barn wood works real nice looks good with artifacts. You can build the case and get the glass cut downtown. I used to cut my own glass out of old windows got at salvage yard.

Comment

Again very nice Jane, Where did you keep all those before you got the cases? Really nice finds!!

Comment

Great stuff Jane! Love that Kentucky hornstone. Like that Waubesa bottom center, those are such neat points. The drills are nothing to sneeze at neither. Great stuff. Bill

Comment

Great cases!  Nice to see the variations of type points within a collection like yours.
          :cheer:
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Thanks ksrocks -and- wildhorse for your kind words...you know the best part about finding them is the bragging rights that come along with them. LOL (Just kidding!) but in all honesty, I am very proud of every single one we were lucky enough to find...including the broken bits and pieces. My husband laughs at me for picking up every little flake but I just can't help myself...I get this crazy notion in my head, if I don't pick them up...I won't find one. I think of the flakes kinda like bread crumbs leading to the prize.
            If I just had about 5 or 6 more cases...hmm wonder where can I find a barn that's falling down?
              Wildhorse...by any slim chance do you have any plans for the cases that you made, that I could buy from you or know where I could get them? How do you cut the corners, that looks like it would be the hard part, getting the angle right?
              Where  do you guys put your big stuff like the lapstones, axes, choppers, ect. I've got a bazillion of those.
            ksrocks...I had them all in shoe boxes before hubby got me the cases.
            Thanks for looking...I enjoyed showing them.

Comment

Thanks Tom...I have just as many waiting for cases. Sharing stories and showing them is what it's all about...don't you agree.
              jane

Comment

Sorry Bill didn't mean to leave you out...thanks for looking and sharing in the happiness we feel about our collection.
                  janr

Comment

Gosh Jane so many?...Im gonna put a tracking device on your car...hehehe!

Comment

Hi Jane; You know I just cut them on a table saw. Built the case and then cut the glass myself. Angle corners is all I ever did and they worked fine. No plans as I tried to make each one different shape. Even made two in the shape of giant arrowheads and carved out the edges to look tooling. Turned out nice. Just jump in there and try you might get a suprise. People don't look at the case they look at the artifacts.

Comment

You know Ron that is so right! Don't remember what Jane cases looked like, to busy looking at all those nice pieces. Hey sorry Jane just looked, very nice cases!!!

Comment

wildhorse...I didn't know your name was Ron...that's also my hubby's name. Not that it matter but just thought I would mention it.
                          OK don't expect too much, but I'm gonna give it a try! I'll post pictures (if it turns out good) when I get it done next year.
                        ksrocks...I'll make sure to put some really neat pieces in my home built case, so no one will notice it's not square! Ha!
                          jane

Comment

Jon... you don't have to track me my friend just...come on and go with us someday!
                            jane

Comment

Working...
                          X