No announcement yet.

Different size/shaped arrowheads found at the same location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is the second time that has happened here recently.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Rosaparks View Post
      Thank you very much for the feedback. I’m not wasting anyone’s time BSing anyone, I was curious about the different types. A large number of the points I find look similar and are rarely whole. The one I posted earlier look completely different from my usual find, tI thought they were traded. . Here are some that I found that have a similar shape. Thank you again-
      That would work if your site were salted. It doesn’t work that they were traded, as you suggest, if they were on the website Roger posted, showing those very same points. It’s hard to understand what you gain by not being honest.
      Rhode Island

Comment

I've seen it before where someone was claiming they were finding artifacts on their property from all over the world. But never got a positive answer as to how they got there. I believe family members were trying to help them out.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Is society that screwed up that people will completely fabricate a post for attention? Am I interpreting that right?
          Hunting in Central Ohio

Comment

• CGriff61
            CGriff61 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow
            I don’t get it
            Rocks Cousteau has been commenting on some shady practices going on in the YouTube world regarding fake arrowhead videos. I guess it is a thing.
            Sad state of affairs.
            Parents hug your children. Attention and praise must be scarce if they are having to fill the void with fake accomplishments.

• antmike915
            antmike915 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've wondered about some of the YouTube videos, especially some of the creek finds with no creek stains on the artifacts.

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Some of the hunting videos seem like they have to be faked. Giant hornstone blanks, 6 inch flawless Adenas, celts. All in one afternoon. Impossible.

makes you wonder dont it, the big benton i found i did manage to take some photos before i touched it but i was so caught up in the moment i picked it up before i even thought about making even a short video and minuets later i thought about it. there are some folks that get lucky enough to find a big one and video it but they are very rare videos. one person i do know who makes authentic youtube videos is a guy that lives close to me his youtube channel is ditchwalker. if he has a video you can be assured its a authentic video.

Comment

• CGriff61
            CGriff61 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditch walker is what inspired me to get serious about figuring this process out a couple of years ago. I chatted with him about how to get started. Great guy.

I get to excited to dig my phone out lol. I thought about that the other day digging shelter I will try to take some pics of the finds how I see them.

Comment

• CGriff61
            CGriff61 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m very interested in that cholt. I’ve never dug anywhere before.... wouldn’t even know where to start.

Everyone says search out front of it and at the mouth but almost every one that’s been found in the shelters I’ve dug so far only two but 30 miles apart all the artifacts seem to be around the side walls and then we have found a few scattered around inside in random places we are working towards the middle then gonna work it out to the mouth then start the back there’s about a foot of sand and soil inside the newest one.

Comment

• Jethro355
            Jethro355 commented
            Editing a comment
            Please do. I love insitu shots and videos. It took me a long time to cool my jets and learnt to video one.
            I have a YouTube channel of the ones I’ve found in the past year or so...but only because I wanted to keep them for future watching and be able to share them with friends if I wanted without having to send an entire video file. I don’t think I have any over a minute long. Some of those guys have whole miniseries of them.

I do enjoy ditchwalker’s video....
        Working...
        X