New to Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Kansas

I am moving to Emporia, Kansas this week and I am a seasoned artifact hunter, but with this new territory comes new strategies to learn and new places to search. Can anyone give me some pointers on where to look out here? I hear there are paleo points aplenty here! I saw some beautiful specimens in the local museum and it put the hook in me. Thanks!

I recognize your handle I'm sure you can figure it out surely it couldn't be any different from any other place. Just have to ask permission and go look. Good luck and hope you find a killer but let us see it.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Hope you find lots of Kansas paleo goodies! I really enjoyed our hunts thanks for the invites!!
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Thanks Marsh! I liked our hunts too! I'm glad I was there for you when you found your first bead!

Comment

A late friend of mine hunted relics in Kansas, he spent a lot of time in the creeks and rivers, found some very nice stuff.
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

I have found beautiful artifacts on tributaries of the Neosho river in eastern Kansas. Here is a link to Kansas archaeology at the Kansas historical society ... Hope these help ...

Comment

Good luck out there...im not from there, so cant help you out but look forward to seeing your scores
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

I know that Kansas offers a wide variety. I think you just have to go outside and look for yourself. This is the best way to explore your options. At least that’s what I did when I moved here. At first, I was very skeptical. I was born and raised in Texas, so it was pretty hard for me to move to another place. All my friends and family were leaving in Texas, and I was so afraid I would end up alone. However, the whole moving process wasn’t bad at all. I hired [advertising link removed by Administrator] which made the experience so easy for me. Also, my family was really supportive and encouraged me to make this change.
                Last edited by painshill; 05-25-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

From what I’ve seen of Kansas, gullies and washouts would be my focus....
                  there’s a LOT of them.

there’s a lot of agricultural ground out southwest of Emporia and there’s a river that runs through there....the cottonwood and like Piaget said the Neosho is nearby. They get pretty shallow with lots of gravel bars for walking....might want to get you a sit on top type kayak??
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Old post from last year I haven't seen him since

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess I should look at such things...😵😬

Hello ,I'm new at this arrowhead hunting adventure, I've lived here in Kansas all my life,I'm 65 and have been an avid outdoorsman.I recently moved to Howard ks and would appreciate any advice from others in the area on how to get started.I would be interested in anybodys advice or would be willing to learn hand on. I love this state and think it would be a great experience to find a piece of history, I guess the older you get things like this mean more to you. Thank You for accepting me to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X