Need opinions on this piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on this piece

Im not sure why but even after hundreds and hundreds of points blades etc this to me is one of the most appealing ive ever found. Let me know what yall think.
    Tennessee

I would say as appealing as anything Ive seen. It reminds me of that dagger,
    N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• Mailman
      Mailman commented
      Editing a comment
      First thing I thought of. At first glance, looks like it could be in a cache with it. After studying it, though, yours is way older. imo
      Last edited by Mailman; 09-20-2020, 10:12 PM.

When i found it i thought it was just a broke tip only about half an inch was showing but after a bit of scratching walah
    Tennessee

Comment

Base doesn't look grounded but still a good looking knife
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Extremely aesthetically appealing.
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

Nice looking blade
          Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

All the above
            🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Like a lovely piece of chocolate...
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

That Dover flint is my favorite!!
                North Carolina

Comment

That’s a beauty.... great find... gonna be hard to find a better blade than that.....👍
                  Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Hi TR Rat. A beautiful point, indeed. You done good. I think you got yourself a Stanfield. It is considered to be Trans. Paleo. Named by my old mentor James Cambron from the Stanfield-Worley bluff shelter in North Alabama. From my experience a pretty rare find. I found two of them. I think yours is about as good as they get. As for the type of chert. It could be Dover but more likely to be Ft. Payne as that is the predominant lithic in that area. Check out the website projectilepoints.net and you will see some examples.
                    I came back to see if anyone responded and after re reading what I wrote yesterday and I had a change of mind about the possible flint type. It could just as likely be Dover flint if you live in the Tennessee River area well north of where I hunted, as per example the Buffalo River area or north. In my area Ft. Payne chert seems to predominate.
                    Last edited by sailorjoe; 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

I would die. Amazing find congrats.
                      New Jersey

Comment

Hi Tnriver.- That's a really nice piece. Up north where I come from I would call it a, Last Stage Pre-form. Which are kind of rear. Thanks for posting. Kim
                        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                        X