inherited arrowhead collection...help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inherited arrowhead collection...help please

I inherited these a couple years ago. My dad collected them for 40 years. All came from Appalachia area. These are just a few of the cases. All cases are 8 x 10 except one is 12 x 16. The one in the pics that is the big case has a flat rectangle artifact with 2 holes. Anyone know what that is? Just wanting to get an idea of the approximate value per case. I have a total of 15 cases that are 8 x 10 and one that is 12 x 16. I appreciate anything you can tell me about these! I would have uploaded more pics but it said my picture size was too big 🤷‍♂️

Welcome from Minnesota... some very nice pieces in those frames... the rectangular piece is a gorget, and looks to be in great shape... we do not discuss prices or values, but if you are looking for help as far as I.d.... someone closer to your area will come along... great looking collection.. thanks for the show...👍
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Welcome to forum from Ga. and what Up-north said
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Very nice, like to see them all.
        Missouri

Comment

Love the piece near the light reflection in first pic.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Nice collection well from what I see the gorget is the best piece in all of the frames. Now don't misunderstand this cause any of those pieces I would cherish if I had found them just like your relatives have done. It takes many hours to find them but for most of the other pieces they are field grade. The drill in the first frame is really nice as well.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Your dad has them in my new favorite product: Riker’s boxes! (They are not new product; but I’ve only recently discovered them on my relatively new quest to learn about artifacts). I see coupla drills, some knives, some scrapers that may have been hafted (I like tools better’n points), and I can give you my novice value: priceless, especially since your Dad’s! May you be infected by their contagious magic....
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Welcome to the site Blockard. All nice artifacts, weather field grade or otherwise. Have you done any hunting? Kim
                Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Nice collection, is the triangle piece below the tip of the center point drilled also? Lots of nice finds your dad made. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Wonderful collection That is called a Gorget
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	gorget.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	160.2 KB
ID:	527571
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from Georgia Block, agree with above comments. Looking forward to seeing the other frames.
                      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
                      X