No announcement yet.

Search and you will find something !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am with any mike 5 water worn Adena type maybe ..

Comment

• Apache Chief
      Apache Chief commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comment what material do u think it could be?

Hi Chief. The material is a limestone type. I see one Artifact in your collection. It looks like an Adina made of banded Rhyolite. I to have over 60 years of hunting experience. Keep on the hunt and I'm sure you'll find some good ones. Kim from Central Pa.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

You have the perfect reference book on the edge of one of your photos. If you can just spend some time comparing the book’s photos to your finds, it’s obvious yours have not been altered by man.
      The triangle is one of nature’s most common natural shapes (round is another). Not all triangles are points but all points are basically triangular.
      Many of us have dragged home buckets of rocks and have had to calibrate our eyes to spot the difference. You can argue until the cows come home but that’s not going to alter the facts.
      Child of the tides

Comment

I always have picked up pointy rocks and bone.
        I still do, and look at them later.
        Before you poo poo something and relegate it to a flower pot, look for traces of form altering and micro traces of use.
        FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

It’s been about a year and a half since I last posted. I didn’t hear what I wanted to hear about my want a be artifacts lol. I realize now they are just geofacts. I want to thank everyone that commented and was being helpful and patient to this hard headed rookie. There’s definitely a big learning curve.
          Since then I have studied a lot went to some shows and went on many hunts. I have found some true artifacts and would like to show a few pictures to you to get member’s opinion’s.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	92BFDD7D-6E02-4891-A8A2-88D31FF225ED.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	652202Click image for larger version

Name:	9198A145-FCE3-424A-A4FB-FEB3651CDCC0.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	652201 This was found in Frederick County Maryland

Comment

Found in the same area in Maryland field finds.
            The other pictures have some Clovis characteristics but not sure.
            any opinions ?
            Attached Files

Comment

• awassamog
              awassamog commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice point! The material looks similar to some quality rhyolite fount in mass

Thanks. She’s a beauty I’m lucky to have found her and being complete was a bonus despite the plow.

Comment

Looks like you are finding some nice points now.....congratulations!!

Comment

• Apache Chief
                Apache Chief commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks pointblank. Yeah it took me a while to understand what to look for.
                But I’m on the right track and learning every day.

Excellent finds
              South Dakota

Comment

• Apache Chief
                Apache Chief commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks hunter for the kind words.
                I appreciate it. Hopefully you are finding some in South Dakota.

Chief,
              I started collecting artifacts a few years ago....i was in the same place you are right now. I'm pretty sure everyone was there at some point. After I found my first killer point, i wanted to find more artifacts so bad, I was making up uses for random shaped rocks, lol. I had 5 gallon buckets full of 'bone crushers' and 'food prep tools' and all kinds of sshhhh-tuff. If you want to see for yourself, you can check out my first couple posts in "what did I find" from a few years ago. I didn't know any better. I didn't have anyone to teach me. I was too eager to be out hunting to take the time study. Figured I could figure it out on my own. to give myself a little credit.. these rocks could have def been used for these purposes.....but there was no evidence of human modification, which I learned is the definition of an artifact. I feel like I'm a reasonably intelligament person. A big part of being intelligent is knowing when you don't know something. I had convinced myself that these were artifacts, but I had a bunch of people online telling me that they weren't. I accepted that I was a novice in this field and i listened to what they had to say. it was like me going to the doctor and telling him i have a broken arm. And doc looks at my arm(its not broke) and says 'no you don't, its in one piece. ' and I'm like 'nope. look, right there is broken! I can't figure out why it doesn't hurt... ' (pointing at elbow)

i truly appreciated the fact that these guys and gals, each with decades of experience, would take time out of their day to help me and teach me. That type of knowledge in PRICELESS. Just like with you, they were up-front and honest without being condescending or sarcastic. Listen to what they are saying. Appreciate it. Thank them. I've learned most of what i know about artifacts on this site. I've met some wonderful people along they way. They are only trying to help you out. If you're lucky, a few of them may even invite you to go artifact hunting or fishing with them sometime🤗🥳🪶🦈

Sorry if I rambled a little.... lots of time to kill...hiding lee of this island until 65knot winds lay down and i can resume killing salmon...

Comment

• Apache Chief
                Apache Chief commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Pickwick. Yeah I started hunting about 2 years ago also and thought I new what I was doing lol. I was bringing home junk thinking this arrowhead hunting is easy. Since then I started to realize what is genuine for the most part anyways.
                Hope you saw some of my true arrowheads I posted recently. You are so correct the men and women on this site have helped me tremendously and I thank them very much again. Good luck to you in CA. I wasn’t sure by your post if you thought I was still in denial about my old post. Don’t get me wrong I still have so much to learn as most people do but I’m on the right path.

Here’s a good guide from our Information center:

Rhode Island

Comment

Chief, be grateful for these guys being honest with you, no ill intentions from their opinions but only them trying to help you and educate you on artifacts. These guys know their stuff and will never steer you wrong. Best way i learned was hands on actual artifacts. The more you handle and see the wiser you become. But you are on the right path now! Keep em coming, and youll be one of the wise guys some day helping a new comer! Ive been collecting about 30 years and still continue to learn and gain good knowledge from the members here. Books are great, but hands and eyes on them is the real key in my opinion. We are all here to help each other!

Comment

Working...
                X