How many years of water hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many years of water hunting?

I don't hunt rivers due to the laws of this state i only hunt creeks where I have permission. But we can include rivers for those who can and do look. Just curious as to how many years you have looking in water. I have 10 if you only count the years if you count the trips it would be double. I do hunt fields but only during planting and harvest.
    NW Georgia,

40 years at least. kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

20 for me... I only search them when I can’t get in the fields....✌️
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

20 years for me... It's not the quantity of fields or cleared land, but oh how the right creeks can produce quality!
        North Carolina

Comment

20 yrs. Walking the river
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Lol..well animals all my life I remember shooting squirrels out of the boat in back water when I was 4 with a single shot 20g..hell my dad had to hold the barrel for me until he got me a 410 single..but artifacts this is the 3rd year it didnt click in my head about that till then..

Comment

I'm to old to remember back that far...LOL...been hunting for 47 years in a combination of creeks, fields, and rivers
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

50+ yrs. Had many a pleasant wade back as the moon and tide arose
                If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

A few hunts for me when I was way younger, need to find some creeks that aren't completely sandy.
                  🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

After this summer it will be 5 years for me.
                    Central Ohio

Comment

About 10. Only at low tide if possible. I carry old sneakers in my trunk for sandy or gravelly spots and use rubber boots for places I probe because its all mud. You'll lose your shoes in those spots. I don't find nearly as much as most people it seems but do find cool stuff. Peaceful, quiet, I love it.
                      New Jersey

Comment

Only done it a few times. Rivers and streams around here are not very friendly for searching due to the geology. Straight cut banks and little to no exposed gravel bars.
                        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

7 and change for me

Comment

It depends how u look at it for me. Since I started like 8, but technically only 2 or so. I started hunting rocks when I was on drugs. Got sober and cut out anything that even reminded me of that time. I just started back hunting this past year
                            Mississippi

Comment

• Mailman
                              Mailman commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I earned my 10 year coin, this past September Mac. Stick with it. It's well worth it.

• SurfaceHunter
                              SurfaceHunter commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hey Mac hopefully you are still sober and staying that way. I haven't had a drink for over 12 years now. I still don't grill, I used to love drinking a cold one while grilling out. I use the oven a lot.
                          Working...
                          X