Timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline

Trying to work on an occupation timeline on field I’ve been hunting since January need some help if anybody has any opinions please let me know

A good spot. The pink one is a midd to late woodland arrow head (Madison). The white 3rd in from top looks like a Bifurcate that could go to 6000 yrs. old. I do believe you have some Archaic things so your spanning a long period. I assume the black one is a broken tip so no Id on that one. Others from your area will help type the rest. Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Yes the black one is a broken tip. Thanks for info I am trying to gather and absorb as much as I can from books and historical material from my area. I have only been doing this since November

Comment

Nice stuff
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Hi B.R. As far as a timeline goes, I agree with Mattern regarding the Late Woodland triangle and what appears to be a bifurcated point, perhaps a Lecroy or Lake Erie. If so then they are older than mid Archaic as he suggested but would date to Early Archaic approximate 8,000 years old, more or less. So the site appears to have been used over a long period of time. Other than that nothing much else can be said when broken points comprise most of what you have found thus far. Good luck in your hunts.

Comment

• B.Rubble
            B.Rubble commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes thanks for information.it’s a very large field that I been hunting since January 500acres total bordering the river so far I have been able to find three areas that I believe were campsites
        Working...
        X