When Filling Frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Filling Frames

Do you sort your frames and contents by site? By year found? By type? By material? I have sorted and started a Guilford frame but I can’t decide if that is really how I want to show those pieces. Can’t decide if I want to only include quartz Guilfords or add rhyolite Guilfords or just mix them with other finds.

thanks for any suggestions!
    South Carolina

I used to do it by the year found. Changed it this year to better finds and not so good finds. I was running out of frames and space. Not a bad problem to have I guess
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Keeping my very first frame and going with something different on the others.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I still have a couple of site frames but I figure if I’m finding in a creek they could of came from anywhere

Wish had this particular point problem! But, I do have own little conflicts about my tools that are similar. Should I put all gravers together, and how about scrapers—-should the round flat ones be separated from the humpy, lumpy ones?

I’ve tried all variations but whatever the arrangement, it’s just for a little while because I’ve got to open box, hold them, look at them, and rearrange them. At this stage of my progress, I think I’m limited to simpleton formula: “does-this-look-good?” So, my criteria for leaving arrangement alone for coupla weeks is if I’m happy for a moment because esthetically pleasing, like mosaic‘s beauty determined by contrast, color, balance, some yin/yang, …maybe even a lil’ feng shui!
    Last edited by Cecilia; 07-22-2021, 05:55 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m all about feng shui, that’s why I start and then start over 100 times, lol. And symmetry, don’t even get me started. Think I might step away from the framing for a little while.

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Great minds think alike,Ha.

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve done the same with gravers and the round scrapers! Put them together, mix them up, multiple styles in one frame??? It goes on and on and I’ll change my mind over and over.

I'm site frames. I don't worry a lot about date but once these leave my possession whoever ends up with them will know exactly where they came from.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I store them by site. Makes sense to me. Thanks!

Different strokes, for different folks.. everyone does it differently… I like by type, problem is not enough to fill up the frame… like Greg says, documention is the important part, and we know you do that…
    everbody needs the “A” frame.. the best of the best… look at Florida boy, he has like 87 of them… keep finding.. keep framing..👍
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I won’t have an A frame, lol. I don’t think I’ll break up my first, first year frame. It’s supposed to be fun, right? It’s stressing me out 🙃

Ooh, it’s fun alright.. no stress at all, in fact a stress reliever.
    time for a glass of wine or three, and get out there tomorrow..
    better yet, finish the bottle and get in that creek…
    ~~ keep doing what you do , Jo…👍
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! It’s the frames that frustrate me. I need a different approach. I’ve scoped out different rock bars or gravel bars in the creek. Just can’t make myself get in there yet. Cheers!🍷lol

Whatever pleases you..I’m more of a combo of pretty points in a frame, all different types ..I consider each frame a piece of artwork ( at least that’s how it started out, Lol )..My situation is slightly different in that I never had but a couple of sites that produced enough to fill a frame..A lot of isolated finds over a wide area...whatever you decide, I would love to see em..
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll sure show you. Just don’t judge, lol. Not a lot of people, even my close friends, know that I love to paint. You would think I would enjoy making frames. I want the frames to have a pattern. Oh well, I’ll get it right by the third frame.

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha, sounds like you’re a perfectionist like me,I don’t know why I’m that way. Nothings ever gonna be perfect on this ole earth, Lol.Whenever MissJune would come with me to help with painting a sign, she would say.”that’s good enough, you’re to pickey “nobody’s ever gonna see that crooked line from the road, FINISH THE DANG THING ! “.

I'm the type that has no rhyme or reason with mine. Most of mine has the good mixed with the not too bad with a few that could have been better.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Got a couple like that..makes for interesting lookin, folks point to one and say.. I wonder what that woulda looked like, and I cry

Like to see first frame pic Jo .
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
    X