Amazing Arrow Eagle Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Arrow Eagle Head

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have something special I need advice on. My Great Uncle made this in his 20s or 30s judging by the beer pull tab nailed on the back for hanging purposes. It's a collection of arrowheads and tools. I'm wondering what this could sell for as an art piece. Any suggestions?

Hi Trav and welcome to arrowheads.com

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate area of the forum. The section where you originally posted is for new members to introduce themselves. There is now a redirect in that section to here, which will expire in one week.

Your eagle looks like a wonderful labour of love but it appears to be made from field-grade artefacts and debitage/spalls which don't have an inherently large value. Generally, we do not value artefacts on the forum and, as a one-off piece of decoration, it would be difficult to put a value on it anyway. You could float it on eBay and it would find it's own level, but it isn't likely to have any emotional appeal as a family 'heirloom' to possible buyers in the way that you might perceive it.
    Last edited by painshill; 08-03-2021, 01:53 PM.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Welcome from Florida that’s cool..I had no idea they had pull tabs in the 30s..you could take it apart and maybe get a quarter apiece at a garage sale if they’re field grade points...looks like a lot of just flakes in the mix, a labor of love done during a time when most Americans were proud of the ole eagle.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

Very cool piece
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Very cool, to be honest I didn't know what to expect when I clicked on your title.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

It was something really popular to do back in the day. One of the old collector magazines (Hobbies or some other popular magazine) did an article on them, and lots of people made them.

Occasionally one made with high quality points comes up, and they end up getting sold for individual artifacts. Premiere Auction group probably sold $75k worth of points out of the Stagecoach and horse layouts that some guy put together with points from Nevada and Oregon. (I'll try to find a picture, I bought a bunch of the gem points.)

Value? I don't see anything that jumps out as being worth much as an artifact, most of us have lots of flakes and spalls and could potentially make our own frames. (Many people could probably make frames like that from the stuff we don't pick up.) But I've seen non-collectors go crazy if two people want an item like that and drive up the price.

Float it on eBay or in a gallery and see if a big fish bites.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
            X