• Do You Like Apples ???

New Jersey

❓..I’m scratchin my head on this one Bull
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Already two running threads on the site about this subject
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Bull, if you look in our archaeology section, you’ll discover that we have 2 threads devoted to this discovery. Both threads have many replies, and both threads include several links relevant to this important discovery. This video link could have been posted to either of those existing threads. A third thread, on the same subject, posted in the “artifact questions and answers” category, with a puzzling title, makes little sense…..
        Rhode Island

Comment

It's an inferince to a old cliche "Well how do ya like them apples ? "
          New Jersey

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, in this instance, regarding this discovery, I love them apples….

Jeez
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Yes! I like Apple chips the most, but also if they're baked inside of a homemade crust with a scoop of ice cream as well. Wait what's the question again?
            North Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
              SurfaceHunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Making me hungry

Just nice to see rock solid evidence of an occupation that eclipsed the paleo first. theory. and opens up a whole new can of worms regarding projectile points ages and. the origins of the people who made them !!! undoubtedly we have misjudged the time frames of a lot of tools a points based on a biased belief of. the time frame of occupation !!!. so I'm looking at everything in a" New Light" for now on so as far as I can tell we are back at square one and. nobody know anything. except for the past 12,000 years and most of that is just pure speculation !
            Last edited by Bullheadtee; 10-02-2021, 11:02 PM.
            New Jersey

Comment

All theories are speculation to a certain point. Multiple solid data points are needed to firm up all the discoveries into a coherent timeline. The sciences of archaeology and anthropology are always evolving as are the theories as time goes by and technology improves. New sites are still being discovered and old discoveries are being re-evaluated in a new light. Deep history is a hard nut to crack and any new well documented site only adds to an ongoing understanding of that history.
              Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Yup
                New Jersey

Comment

Archaeologists just recently dated a campsite discovered on the North fork of the Clearwater River at 16,000 years old. Also one on the little salmon at the same age. Both digs next to rivers though so.....

Comment

16 thousand years ago the coast was 100 miles further out than it's current location so the landscape was totally different back then ! very cool Discovery
                    New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                    X