Arrowhead Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowhead Identification

I've had these arrowheads for decades and have always wondered where they originated. Someone suggested Northern Europe. Any ideas? Click image for larger version

Name:	0234479D-BAD4-4C61-9BE4-5F6CC3BCF8E6.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	595861

Welcome from Florida..What are they made from?..maybe do a couple of closeups., something to show size
    Floridaboy.

Comment

I'm thinking maybe north Africa, Iron age. Welcome to the forum Weeping Crow. Kim " Little Turtle"
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Gorges View Post
        Welcome from Florida..What are they made from?..maybe do a couple of closeups., something to show size
        Agree, Look like some that were given to me when I was a kid by a WWII vet that was in the African campain he brought back

Comment

How did you acquire them? As a gift from a friend or relative? At a flea market? Yard sale? How many decades? This forum only very rarely sees iron arrowheads; consequently there are very, very few of us with any expertise in that subject including myself. I could not tell whether your arrowheads are Native American from historic times or from Europe or North Africa from historic times before firearms were invented or prehistoric from Europe or Africa. The last time I remember someone starting a thread about iron arrowheads was someone had some with the shafts attached and I believe we concluded that they were from California and brought home as souvenirs from John Fremont's 2nd expedition to California in the 1840's.
          Last edited by sailorjoe; 10-26-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X