HIXTON QUARTZITE SCOTTSBLUFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIXTON QUARTZITE SCOTTSBLUFF

Can anyone here tell me if this is a a larger size for these points . I want to get the proper paperwork on this and one of my questions is when getting paper does it include an honest market value ?

Tallahhatta Quartzite actually.. Hixton is more amber color

Comment

You are a mineral encyclopedia ... are you 100% on that WEG ?  Thanks very much.

Comment

closer

Comment

Yup Tallahatta, also a modern reproduction in my honest opinion. You should send some of these to an authenticator
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

awful large for an authentic piece to that large, could be.. I would instantly scope it.. Green marks around the edge's
            suggest copper was used, a sign of being modern.. loose hinges, etc.. It's hard to tell from quartzites though, I have knapped
            quartzite, and it looks just like a piece you would find in a field.. Plus, quartzite are harder to work than flints.. I can only
            knap cruder points from it.. tough stuff

Comment

Modern point. Pretty material.

Comment

Thanks for your explanation Weeping Eye. A Scottsbluff of Hixton would be a dead give away. Scotties were not made of Wisc. Material. It looks to be a modern piece to me also.
                Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I would agree with the rest.  It looks modern.  rmartin, I also have never seen a Hixton Scotty, but they do have an Eared Eden made of Hixton, I had the pleasure of seeing it last year when the folks that own the big WI Hixton collection displayed at the Loveland Stone Age Fair.  They have some killer pieces made from Hixton!

Comment

Paleolution wrote:

I would agree with the rest.  It looks modern.  rmartin, I also have never seen a Hixton Scotty, but they do have an Eared Eden made of Hixton, I had the pleasure of seeing it last year when the folks that own the big WI Hixton collection displayed at the Loveland Stone Age Fair.  They have some killer pieces made from Hixton!
                      You are right about the Eden of Hixton. I have seen the one you are talking about( probably) at a show some years ago. It is an amazing piece!!!
                    Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Here are a few Hixton artifacts.

Comment

KILLER!! I think I've seen scottsbluff in the photo. I think I've seen scottsbluff's of hixton personally..
                        Hixton is found mostly in Wisconsin but Michigan, Illinois,Missouri and occasionally western KY produce relics of the stuff

Comment

Wow-Greywolf! Amazing display of Hixton- clearly 'sugary-looking' and waxy/greasy looking.  But back to that point- was it part of that huge collection you got from a basement?  That would explain a thing or two, doncha think? Wildly difficult material to knap, awfully pretty, and very very clean. If it was found...IF it was found- where?, when and by whome?
                          Thanks for the show either way!
                          Riv.

Comment

Working...
                          X