Need Help with Large Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with Large Collection

My wife and her brother have recently inherited a large collection of indian artifacts. We now need to sell the collection but we dont know where or even how to start. The collection is large (roughly a thousand pieces or more) and we dont have the knowledge or the connections to put a price on anything. I know a lot of his pieces are labeled with where they were aquired and some where pieces of who's who collections. We are located in Indiana so someone close by would be great but I can send pictures where ever I need too. If you have any questions I will try my best to answer them.
    Thanks for all the help,
    Tyler

Welcome to the site. Were they all from other collectors or were some personal finds?
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome Tyler, post a few photos and am sure a few folks can at least give you some idea of what you have. Like Hoss, if you have information concerning their provenience it would help.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I can understand just how overwhelming this can be. As Greg said, some pics here will get responses that may help, but please understand most folks here refrain from appraising from a pic. By the way, welcome to the forum.
        Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I would like to see some pics as well.    Gary
          South Dakota

Comment

Thanks to everyone for replying. I will work on getting some pictures up tonight. There is a lot so I will try and limit it to large pieces. He has a very vast collection so if you see something that just doesn't go with the artifacts please let me know. My wife and I have tried to round everything up from around the house and some of it may not be Indian related. We just don't know for sure what is and what isn't.
            Also I was asked if he personally found any of these. The answer to that is yes. Before he was diagnosed with cancer, he hunted for them nearly everyday.
            Thanks again,
            Tyler

Comment

cant wait to see your pics!
              As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Here are a few pictures of what he has.  I will try and get more up here shortly.

Comment

Some more pictures.

Comment

And some more.

Comment

And more.

Comment

More.

Comment

more.

Comment

more