Need Help with Large Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cgode wrote:

Holy smokes! I'd be in over my head as well, I think your talking some significant money there but note sure just how much. Matt Rowe may be able to give you an idea, he is a member here and I would listen to his advice. Hopefully he'll see this thread, you may want to drop him a private message and have him take a look. His screen name is Neanderthal.
    Yes by all means that is an excellent suggestion!!!!
    If anyone can tell you just where and how, he should.
    Looks as if we are pawning it off on him but his judgement if far superior to most of us here.
    Your inlaws/wifes collection may be valued in the 10's of thousands.
    Proceed with all due caution and do not allow it to leave your personal possession
    without someone you can trust being with it at all times.
    Yes you seem to be over your head. I personally see some items that alone would bring in at least 5 grand or more at auction. This may be your best avenue. Auction houses know who to contact for your quest.
    Contact Matt no if ands or buts!!!!!!!!! Again do not allow some take advantage of you and yours.
    Her grandfather spent his life accumulating these items and for you guys to benefit from it is your families to decide.
    A bit of advise.....Whatever the outcome don't let this get the best of your family. Money seems to bring out the beast in some of the most docile folks especially when we are talking a lot of money.
    I do not think millions but significant to say the least.
    To some people 20 grand is nothing but to me that would be life changing.
    Keep us up on how you do and we will keep or hopes high for yall.
    Bone2stone
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

Holy Smokes! What an incredible array of objects! Yes, drooling right now.  Some time has passed sinse you posted this, so I don't know if you found anyone to help you out. But you are looking at an extremely fine collection.  And in some ways I think it should stay intact. That said, you'll probably profit more from seperating it all out. I am by no means an expert, but I can tell you- I *think* 'neanderthal' is also on another site, and perhaps you might try that other site... it's  www.treasurenet.com and there are many seasoned veterans of archeology there. A guy there- avatar: badandy, is from Indiana, and has done shows in the past-- and would know who to contact for assistance. Do yourself a favor and don't show this stuff to any old friend or aquaintance. Your place could be broken into... This is a serious collection and you need expert help in sorting it out, valuing it and... eventually auctioning or selling it off.  Good luck! I haven't seen a private collection like that- ever. Wow. I groaned out loud when I saw the pots and pipe and beads. Remarkable. Phew! Going to go back and look again...

Comment

you just keep earning points here
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
        X