repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repair

has anyone ever herd of Dr.Gomer? Iam sure some of you guys have. He does artifact repair, ( and from what I have seen does a great job !). Now I am kinda scetchy on this subject, because of the simple fact of what dishonest people r doing when it comes to the circulation of artifacts! And its disrepectful to the ones of us that hunt LONG and HARD for what we have. Me personaly, my collection consist souly of what I have found and have no problem with collectors that aquire from out side sources. I have 3 artifacts that I would love to put on my wall next to the certificate of before and after (wich he provides). Just a thought , any feed back ? Happy hunting !
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Good subject man.  I like his workmanship. I have heard he is adding dye to the resin he uses so it glows in ultraviolet light. It will keep folks from selling reaired points as the real deal G 10 stuff.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

If I were going to have a point repaired, it would be going to Dr. Gomer. I have seen pics of his restorations and they are awesome, first class work IMO. There are probably others that do good work as well but he is the one I'm familiar with and I like his end results.
      Restoration isn't for everyone, it's usually a disputed topic but I have nothing against it personally.
      Southern Connecticut

Comment

I love  that dye thing, that really makes me feel better. glad I got some feed back on this . IMO if its for your personal collection and displayed as repaired, its good with me!

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

I have never used Gomer but from what I have seen he is the best. I like his before and after pics too.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

I met this Gomer feller once at an artifact show and he was very personable.
            I have seen a lot of his work and it is remarkable to say the least.
            He has a talent that goes beyond remarkable to take a heartbreaker and turn it
            into a center piece!!!!
            A lot of the Texas people has used his service, "and there are a bunch of us"
            and he is generous in that he has donated his services to some of the get-togethers as a drawing prize.
            There is a down side to having a point repaired.....If you are digging and find a heartbreak artifact then you send it in for patch-up, what if you find part two? What do you do then?
            Do you send it back for him to un-do the fix so your point can take it's place in the frame of honor?
            When I talked to him, this question did not occur to me just later when this scenerio happened to me, Although I did not send it in for repairs I could very well have done so had it been a framer point.
            The point I found was not a G10 by all means but the disscussion came up at a screen dig I attended.
            I found the base while hand digging and then later in the year I found the tip durring a screen......
            I did not put part one to part two till much later. It was a real surprize in that there are a lot of diggers that go to that site every week! Any number of them could have found part two and my piece would have gone in the pieces box.......I have no way to calculate the odds on this particular thing actually happening.
            The subject came up at a screen dig of "who would get the piece together point" if we all got together and put part one and two together of all the pieces we had all found there over the years.
            When I got home I got out my pieces and started to see if any of them fit...low and behold part one and part two. Too bad it was only a field grade preform......
            We still to this day all have our opinions on this one.
            I may contact him and ask him this question...
            I hope that you find your G10 complete and Mr.Gomer never has to fix it........
            Bone2stone
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

the uniqueness of this one is what makes me what to have it repaired. never seen such LOL.
              looks to be a split stem drill. am I on the right track ?

Everett Williams ,
              NW Arkansas

Comment

Bone2stone wrote:

There is a down side to having a point repaired.....If you are digging and find a heartbreak artifact then you send it in for patch-up, what if you find part two? What do you do then?
                Do you send it back for him to un-do the fix so your point can take it's place in the frame of honor?
                The subject came up at a screen dig of "who would get the piece together point" if we all got together and put part one and two together of all the pieces we had all found there over the years.
                Bone2stone
                  Bone2, Gomer has stated in a past post that removing the restoration
                is not a problem.
                Over the years I have seen this question come up a number of times,
                "who would get the piece together point"
                The general consensus has always been the individual who has the base.
                The base provides the attributes to identify type and therefore is a much
                more important part of the artifact.
                11KBP

Comment

[QUOTE]11KBP wrote:

Originally posted by Bone2stone post=61695
                  Bone2stone
                    Bone2, Gomer has stated in a past post that removing the restoration
                  is not a problem.
                  Over the years I have seen this question come up a number of times,
                  "who would get the piece together point"
                  The general consensus has always been the individual who has the base.
                  The base provides the attributes to identify type and therefore is a much
                  more important part of the artifact.
                  11KBP
                    Thanks,
                  Well I think I'll take disscussion this to the screen table.
                  Some of us have discussed this as part of a get together "any excuse would do" and just do this.
                  Part one + part two = Frame point.
                  More eyes putting together a puzzle that has more rewards than just a pleasant picture.
                  Thank you again for your reply.
                    Oh G10, the "fixable" you have there is a point broken re-worked into a drill and broken again, point type eludes me though. If it were a Texas point I would say "Bell".
                  Bone2stone
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

do u see where the base had a notch in it ? and not just broke down the middle?

Everett Williams ,
                    NW Arkansas

Comment

Working...
                    X